Saturn SL2  » Cars  »
  • I found a 1992 Saturn SL2 around Belington, WV at a used car lot for just over $3,000
  • The particular issue that we all shared having was that the automatic would not shift once in a while or would kick into neutral instead of drive when the driver was pulling out
  • I haven't heard any other users complain about this problem

• by Ash Marie

I purchased my first car in February 2008. I found a 1992 Saturn SL2 around Belington, WV at a used car lot for just over $3,000. The car was in decent condition, drivable. Some of the clear coating was stripped off the paint on the hood and the leather on the driver’s seat was cracked and busted. Overall, the car drove well and I purchased it.

The car is now 18 years old and still running. There are

a few issues (which I also heard that other owners of the same vehicle also had.) The particular issue that we all shared having was that the automatic would not shift once in a while or would kick into neutral instead of drive when the driver was pulling out. I still have this issue.

I also had an extremely squeaky belt for a while (easily fixed with a belt tightener, thank you to the friendly people at AUTOZONE ...

• and ADVANCE AUTO for that advice!)

Now, the one issue that I hate is that the battery has a ground (also says the ADVANCE AUTO staff.) This means that if I don’t run the car every day or two, the charge depletes and my car won’t start. PLEASE NOTE: I haven’t heard any other users complain about this problem. It may just be an issue with my vehicle, I’m not sure.

It gets decent gas mileage. I can Make

the 180 mile trip from school to home on about 3/4 of a full tank. It only takes about $22 to fill up my gas tank (at the local price of $2.65.)

But overall, this car has lasted the test of time! I’m still driving the same car that I had when I was in high school. It’s gotten me halfway through college so far and to three jobs. I’m pretty sure I’ll be driving it until it’s completely dead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91602993941028/k2311a0216/2.16.10