Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas Cruise Ship  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • The number one thing I love about Royal Caribbean is the service we receive
  • I *hinted* to the waiter about my sweet tooth and the next thing I know, they bring out a slice of angel food cake with fruit topping made just for me
  • The entertainment on the ship was not so amazing

• by illyss18

In January 2009, I took a trip with my whole family on Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of the Seas. It was a 5-night Western Caribbean cruise that stopped at ports of call like Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Georgetown, Grand Cayman Islands.

This ship was absolutely amazing. From the decor to the cleanliness to the atmosphere, Royal Caribbean really is a great cruise line for anybody. The number one thing I love about Royal Caribbean is the service we receive. I am someone who suffers from life-threatening food allergies (which makes eating

anywhere outside of home a battle). The waiters aboard the Royal Caribbean ship went out of their way to accommodate my needs. For example: I am allergic to milk and nuts but have a very strong sweet tooth. I *hinted* to the waiter about my sweet tooth and the next thing I know, they bring out a slice of angel food cake with fruit topping made just for me. And for the rest of the trip, every night I had a DIFFERENT dessert.

The entertainment on the ship was ...

• not so amazing. They claimed the shows were “Broadway Quality” but they were nowhere near it. Maybe I am spoiled by seeing dozens of actual Broadway shows in New York City. The costumes were hideous, the singers and dancers were mediocre, and the actual content of the shows consisted of random songs being performed that all tied in with a very broad theme (ex: Love).

This was actually my second time cruising with Royal Caribbean. My first time was with a smaller ship (Enchantment of the Seas). I love

Royal Caribbean because of its classy atmosphere and service. However, their on-board activities that are available to partake in do not vary much from ship to ship. They have the same games, same lessons, same contests, etc. What really varies from ship-to-ship are the amenities. Navigator of the Seas had an ice skating rink, a Johnny Rockets restaurant, and a Promenade (an elegant place to walk through that featured shops and food). Enchantment of the Seas (being a smaller and older ship) had all the basics but lacked these extra amenities.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41602993811028/k2311a0216/2.16.10