Celeteque Exfoliating Facial Wash  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I thought of exfoliating to control oily skin and remove stubborn white heads
  • I like my face, it still looks dewy but not deprived of moisture
  • Aside from that, I had not noticed any dramatic change
  • I disregarded the product's suggestion to use the face wash every other day to avoid drying so I wash with it almost every day which should give me enough time to assess its efficacy, yet I was never satisfied

• by jhunie

I had used almost all of celeteque’s skincare products, except for the alcohol-free toner since I chose the oil-controlling cleanser - its other counterpart. I also had the chance to try all the facial wash, particularly the one with exfoliating beads. I switched after using the original celeteque facial wash because it relatively kept my face too ‘oiled-up’. Living in the pacific while having oily skin exacerbates my occasional skin problems. I thought of exfoliating to control oily skin and remove stubborn white heads.

The face wash pretty much feels the same formula as the original, slightly perfumed with a citrusy scent that’s quite typical of celeteque. I’m still annoyed with that familiar liquid consistency which lathers poorly. I rather squeeze adequately for it to

foam like a regular soap. The facial soap is less textured, even the exfoliating beads are barely felt due to its micro-fine size. In a way, it’s good because the soap feels less abrasive but being too small makes it hardly exfoliating. There are times when the beads feel very concentrated, but there are days as well when the amount I pour on my hands contain too little beads as if the beads are all haphazardly scattered on the tube which renders it ineffective.

This exfoliating facial wash didn’t stop the oiliness, rather it minimized the oily slicks to a considerable degree. My face manages to stay dry with just the right amount of shine on my T-zone. I like my face, it still looks dewy ...

• but not deprived of moisture. Aside from that, I had not noticed any dramatic change. Blemishes still come and go and my whiteheads sit just the way they were. The fact that it contained vitamin C should assist my minor acne to heal faster, but it seems that’s not the case. I disregarded the product’s suggestion to use the face wash every other day to avoid drying so I wash with it almost every day which should give me enough time to assess its efficacy, yet I was never satisfied.

Despite some users who claim that it makes skin fairer, my skin tone remains uneven. I have really come to acknowledge the product and the brand name itself - celeteque as a beauty-letdown right from the

start. Call me celeteque-hater, but really how come almost everything that the cosmetics brand had made never worked for me. I guess it’s all subjective as results may vary per individual. Right now, I’m using Clinique tonique gommage which is a really potent scrub and balances my skin’s oiliness, together with kojic acid. The scrub really sloughs off stubborn skin while kojic heals swells and inflammation.

This exfoliating facial wash just might work for others who are blessed with normal non-oily skin and want to exfoliate without overdrying, but utterly this one doesn’t work for me. I’ll give it an unapologetic 3 out of 10 at least for being a friendly mild face wash.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311602993731028/k2311a0216/2.16.10