Sony DV Direct Multi-Function DVD Recorder
  • Unfortunately if you have not viewed them in a while you may be shocked at what you see
  • On that very night I decided to find a device to that would be able to convert VCR tapes into DVD’s
  • One of the best features of the DV Direct is that it doesn’t require the VCR to be connected to a television for transfer

• by Jude244

If you are anything like me, you have probably amassed quite a collection of VCR tapes over the years. Unfortunately if you have not viewed them in a while you may be shocked at what you see. A few weeks ago I popped in an old home movie and was saddened to find it had become so distorted and warped that it seemed to self-destruct before my eyes. On that very night I decided to find a device to that would be

able to convert VCR tapes into DVD’s.

After looking into a few VCR/DVD combos I eventually decided to go a different route and settled on a unit that had more features, took up very little space, and had the ability to burn DVD’s with very few steps to master.

Ultimately, I decided to purchase the DV Direct Multifunction DVD Recorder by Sony. The DV Direct is a very small, user friendly unit, that not only converts VCR to DVD but can transfer other mediums as well. Unlike the other units I was considering, this recorder can transfer pictures from my digital camera to DVD without a computer and can also be connected to a camcorder for on the spot DVD’s. So far I have made several great DVD’s for friends and family and they have all been compatible for their players and computers.

One of the best features of the DV Direct is that ...

• Sony DV Direct Multi-Function DVD Recorder
      it doesn’t require the VCR to be connected to a television for transfer. You can set up the system anywhere you have a plug outlet and watch the tapes on a viewing screen on the unit itself. Editing is a snap simply by pausing the transfer and cueing the tape to the specific parts you want copied. I was able to fit the contents of several VCR tapes all on one DVD. Another great thing is that you have the option of
      customizing each DVD’s menu screen with background music and photos or using the presets they have included.

I recently transferred a family wedding to DVD and found out that similar service at photo lab was nearly 30 dollars. Considering how many DVD’s I have made, I have figured at this rate my Sony has already paid for itself. It is also fun to do, and I have the satisfaction of knowing I wont be losing anymore precious home movies to VCR tape meltdowns.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161502992960828/k2311a0215/2.15.10