The Ugly Truth
  • What I like about this movie is that it's a different kind of romantic comedy

• by Urban Beaute

I was really excited to see the Ugly Truth with Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler when I heard it was coming out. I had seen an interview with Katherine about it and she said it was raunchier than she had ever done so I assumed it would be very funny.

I was right.

The story was

about a television producer who had a news show with falling ratings, in order to spice it up a bit they brought on a chauvinist male (Gerad Butler) who shakes things up and infuriates her. Eventually she decides to let him mouls her so she can get the guy she is interested it.

What I ...

• like about this movie is that it’s a different kind of romantic comedy. Gerad is not your average leading man. Instead of going with a tall, handsome forgettable male lead they went with someone with a string presence. I am a big fan of Katherine Heigl so I was not suprised she
        was great in this.

In terms of raunchiness it was a little vulgar. I’m not really easily offended but those of you that are be warned there is very strong language that you don’t see in a lot of films being used here.

But I’d still recommend it. It’s a lovely romantic story with loads of laughs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111502992790728/k2311a0215/2.15.10