New Moon  » Movies  »
  • I had hoped New Moon would be better than the Twilight movie> I had read the books and unlike every teenage girl in teh world I thought they were rubbish
  • In my opinion girls should not be watching this film with the obsessiveness they are watching it with

• by Urban Beaute

I had hoped New Moon would be better than the Twilight movie> I had read the books and unlike every teenage girl in teh world I thought they were rubbish.

So when I went to New Moon I had the previous history with teh books and the Twilight movie in my head. On the one hand I was expecting it

to be bad like the first movie, on the other hand I thought maybe the introduction of werewolves could change things up a bit.

Now the writer of New Moon Stephenie Meyer is a mormon, which is cool as I’m not about to judge her beliefs. But to base a film on your personal belief system is a bit weird to ...

• me. New Moon has no sex, hardly any violence, no swearing and the vampires are “vegetarians”. In fact every time somebody tries to kiss something interrupts like a phone ringing.

That may be okay for twelve year old girls, but the rest of us that is living in the real world may find it a bit hard to swallow.

In my opinion girls should not be watching this film with the obsessiveness they are watching it with. Bella is a bad role model with her whiny helpless nature. She crumbles and falls constantly expecting a man to rescue her.

New Moon left a bad taste in my mouth. It’s a bad movie which sends the wrong messages out to teenagers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111502992780728/k2311a0215/2.15.10