Office & Home Choice Multi Purpose Paper  » Other  »
1.5
  • Previously I'd seen some reams of paper there for a good price, but now that I needed some, I couldn't find them
  • When I got home and opened the package I wasn't very happy

• by charles63

I was running low on paper for my LaserJet printer, so I dropped into my local Ben Franklin Variety Store. Previously I’d seen some reams of paper there for a good price, but now that I needed some, I couldn’t find them. The only plain paper I saw were little packages of 100 sheets each for $2.79. In big, all-caps letters, the packages proclaimed: Multi Purpose Paper: Ink Jet &

Laser Printers. I balked at the price — equivalent to $13.95 a ream — but I was in a hurry so I finally relented.

When I got home and opened the package I wasn’t very happy. Packaged, the paper looked perfectly suitable for my business purposes. The white color was very bright, and the package says it is 20 lb. weight — just what I wanted. But the paper feels noticeably ...

• thinner than 20 lb. bond, almost like the paper found in bibles. This makes it more difficult to handle, and it’s also much more prone to wrinkling and creasing. All in all, it just has a flimsy feel to it.

My guess is that the paper’s finish is why it feels so thin. The paper is much smoother than I am used to. This may make it an excellent paper for

ink jet printers, but it had zero benefit for me. I get excellent results from my LaserJet printer on regular copy paper.

The packaging shows the manufacturer’s website, www.RTIpaper.com, and I grew even less impressed with the product after I visited it. The domain is for sale, and when I click on product categories it brings up only sponsored links.

I now have a fresh ream of OfficeMax paper, and I’m much happier with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121502992540628/k2311a0215/2.15.10