Scooby Doo and the Samurai Sword  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I like traditional Scooby Doo movies and episodes where the “ghost” is really a person in disguise
  • But, once again, they decided to take things a bit too far in my opinion and have them fight a real ghost
  • I think I could have lived with all of that if it weren’t for that really bizarre and a bit stupid part where Scooby and Shaggy become Samurai and then fly back to their friends on the back of a green dragon

• by Review Vigilante

I got home from work last night and my daughter had just started watching the movie Scooby Doo and the Samurai Sword. Since I had not seen that movie yet, I figured I would take the time to watch it with her (while feeding our other daughter).

It was an OK movie, but

a bit of a disappointment as well.

I like traditional Scooby Doo movies and episodes where the “ghost” is really a person in disguise.

And, for the first part of the movie, that was the case.

But, once again, they decided to take things a bit too far in my opinion and have ...

• them fight a real ghost.

I think I could have lived with all of that if it weren’t for that really bizarre and a bit stupid part where Scooby and Shaggy become Samurai and then fly back to their friends on the back of a green dragon.

I’m sorry, but that’s just too

much for me and I think even my 5-year-old was rolling her eyes a bit at that.

It’s an OK movie but I think there are better Scooby Doo movies out there; especially some of the earlier ones.

This one just shows how you can do too much in an effort to improve something that is already a classic.

Scooby Doo and the Samurai Sword

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111402992401028/k2311a0214/2.14.10