Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I bought the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel at Target because it was so cheap
  • I have found a few, and I must say, this curling gel is definitely one of them
  • I have noticed that some mousse and some gel will make my hair all frizzy
  • I like this hair product, but I do not love it
  • I would not really recommend this product to anyone really

• by pennylane

I have very fine and semi wavy hair. However, I am obsessed with big, sexy, voluminous, curly hair. I have gotten perms before, and they did nothing but severely damage my hair to the point where it completely stopped growing. It was literally growing half an inch in three months. So I finally stopped getting perms, but I really missed the curls and volume that the perm provided. So I started using a whole lot of curling products. Most of them just weighed my hair down and I did not get the desired result. I bought the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel at Target because it was so cheap. My other hair products (I mainly use Biolage) are too expensive, and I am trying to find other more affordable products

that work just as well. I have found a few, and I must say, this curling gel is definitely one of them. I was a little skeptical at first because I have avoided using gels in my hair because they are usually really sticky and make my hair just really stiff to touch.

However, this one creates the most desirable curls for me. And it does not weigh my hair down at all. I usually just apply a serum after I get out of the shower, and then let it dry for a while. I then apply the gel on my hair and scrunch it. Then I blow dry the hair on the crown upside down (for more volume) for maybe about two minutes, and then blow dry the rest ...

• of my hair normally while scrunching it. After all that, I just spray some hairspray on my hair and then head out the door.

I really like this hair product. But I feel like I can find another product that will create even better curls. This gel does not weigh my hair down or make it all stiff to the touch. But it does not create major curls either. So, I feel like I can find another hair product or another curling gels that will create better curls. I will finish using the tube that I bought, but I do not think I will be buying it again. I feel like a mousse would work much better on my hair. Like I said before, I will finish the tube that I

have. But I will definitely not be buying this hair product again.

Also, one more positive thing about this product: it will not make your hair all frizzy. I have noticed that some mousse and some gel will make my hair all frizzy. But this one is really good about actually taming the frizz that I have. When I use this product, I usually do not even have to apply my John Frieda hair stuff I have for frizzy hair. I like this hair product, but I do not love it. So I doubt I will be buying it again. I personally have had really good success with Aussie products, so I think next time I will give that a try. I would not really recommend this product to anyone really.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311402992280928/k2311a0214/2.14.10