Terminator Salvation  » Movies  »
  • I've enjoyed previous Terminator flicks and I figured this one couldn't be too bad given the cast and the money spent putting it together
  • In terms of the acting, I was actually more impressed with Sam Worthington who played the part-human part-cyborg terminator
  • It wasn't like he was the most amazing actor I've ever seen, but his part was an intriguing one and, even though the last scene was a tad disappointing, I thought he did a good job of setting up his parts and enjoyed watching him
  • I also have to say I thought it was fun to see Arnold, even though it was obviously a somehow cobbled together image of him from the previous movies, it is always fun to see him back as the terminator since he played the part so well
  • Certainly well worth the four bucks I paid to watch it

• by James Haglund

I recently rented Terminator Salvation in the hopes of a pretty engaging action movie with cool special effects and a little bit of good acting thrown in for good measure. I’ve enjoyed previous Terminator flicks and I figured this one couldn’t be too bad given the cast and the money spent putting it together. Of course, there have been some big-budget stinkers before, but I am not all that hard to entertain so I went in feeling pretty good about my chances.

I ended up walking way with just about the

same feeling. The movie really had everything I expected and a little bit more. I hadn’t totally figured out the plot from the preview, and it wasn’t like it was the most intellectual thing ever, but I enjoyed the fact that it took some time to develop and wasn’t completely predictable from stage one.

I also think that Christian Bale does a pretty good job as the super tough guy with a little bit of philosopher thrown in. This wasn’t his best performance in my mind but he did the ...

• job and played his role well. In terms of the acting, I was actually more impressed with Sam Worthington who played the part-human part-cyborg terminator. It wasn’t like he was the most amazing actor I’ve ever seen, but his part was an intriguing one and, even though the last scene was a tad disappointing, I thought he did a good job of setting up his parts and enjoyed watching him.

together image of him from the previous movies, it is always fun to see him back as the terminator since he played the part so well.

Overall, I’d give the movie a 7 out of 10 as it really met my expectations but they are generally not high enough to warrant a ten. The movie had more potential to be really cool, but still enjoyed watching it, especially the cool tech stuff even though some of it was really hard to believe. Certainly well worth the four bucks I paid to watch it!

Terminator Salvation

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111402992110928/k2311a0214/2.14.10