North and South America by Thomas Pickles  » Books  »
  • I won't recommend this book to people as I don't see the sense in buying something that is for the most part out of date

• by Redtape

Throughout my life, even though I have not done much geography I have at one point or another needed a good reference book, especially when it comes to places in Latin America and the Caribbean, since I’ve had many projects on such territories.

The book “North and South America” by the author

Thomas Pickles is not just a geography book, but it gives general reference to certain places in the Americas. Even though it’s old, it’s still somewhat educational and not too outdated since it gives a brief history on the place, its geography, people and so on.

One is also able to find ...

• pictures and maps of each place. Some of the pictures are of statues and landmarks, each labeled with the location.

Another thing that many books like it doesn’t give is the climate of many of these places. Thus, once again it can be a valuable book to have around, and maybe even fun

for some people, but, I still think one can easily get the information they’re looking for on these places on Wikipedia, and the information should be up to date.

I won’t recommend this book to people as I don’t see the sense in buying something that is for the most part out of date.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171402991740828/k2311a0214/2.14.10