T-Mobile Shadow 2  » Phones  »
1.5
  • However, I ignored that fact deciding that “it’s the functions that make it worth”

• by Chee154

A few months ago while looking into my T-Mobile account; I came to realize that “You qualify for a new phone upgrade”. My first reaction was whether I actually needed a new phone since my old brick was still holding up quite well. But after looking into the new line of shiny, glossy, and advanced phones; I was persuaded to get a new phone.

The first phone that initially caught my eye was the Blackberry Curve, being fairly priced and having some useful features. But then I realized that the phone was not really just the listed $60, but roughly $700 with the mandatory data plans.

I figured “…. no” since

that was completely out of my financial range on one part and utterly useless on the other.

But then, I came across the phone T- Mobile Shadow II (Black/Maroon); having most of the wanted features of the Blackberry (Wi-Fi, camera, UMA calling, etc. ) without a ridiculous data plan, I decided to buy it.

When I first opened the box and peeked at the phone I remember saying “whoa, that thing is huge!” Expecting a slim, modern phone, I instead got a phone twice as thick as the Motorola Razor and almost as thick as my brick. However, I ignored that fact deciding that “it’s the functions that make it worth”.

But ...

• sadly to my dismay, the “track wheel” of the phone felt like I had just bought a phone from a Dollar General toy isle; feeling loose and flimsy, and an overly feeling of un-solid confidence. The phone system itself felt quite “weak” when paired with the structure of the phone.

The Bluetooth feature was un-necessarily complicated, using a series of “Beaming” processes to other people instead of just a simple “send” or something humanly understandable. I expected the camera to be average, but when using it, I realized how awful it was, not having the ability to zoom and edit, etc.

the already poor picture quality. Not to mention that fact

that you need to go to “Task Manager” every time you fully want to close something.

Even the most anticipated feature, the Wi-Fi, was poor and basic to use. Technologically lacking the programs and functions to run YouTube and other media based files; the internet is limited to text and article documents.

Using the flimsy track wheel, with a laggy operating system, and a complicated interface; I felt dreaded that I had just bought another brick with more advanced features. For those deciding whether to buy to this phone or not; I urge you to look at other phones such as the Blackberry Pearl and save yourself the time and agony of disappointment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371402991510828/k2311a0214/2.14.10