My Brest Friend nursing pillow  » Other  »
2.0
  • I bought a My Brest Friend nursing pillow since it was the #1 choice of lactation consultants, but I was a bit disappointed with it
  • And I found that the extra cushioning and padding just made me hot, especially since my baby was born in the summer

• by accstarr

I bought a My Brest Friend nursing pillow since it was the #1 choice of lactation consultants, but I was a bit disappointed with it. I tried it out for awhile, then went back to my Boppy.

My Brest Friend does have some features that the Boppy does not have, and it does help you position yourself and the baby somewhat, as promised. There is a little raised bump on each side of the pillow’s face to elevate the baby’s head, which is nice. It is basically a flat

Boppy-type pillow (except for the aforementioned “bumps”) that latches like a belt around your waist to help hold it in place. On the back side of it is a cushion that helps support your back. That was kind of nice too.

But despite the positioning features of the pillow, I still had to employ another couple of pillows to get in a position that was truly comfortable to me. I needed another pillow under my leg (or under the nursing pillow itself) to get my baby to the height ...

• of my breast (I am small-chested). I was disappointed since I thought it would be sort of a self-positioning device. If I have to employ more pillows to get it right, I might as well use the Boppy!

My biggest beef with the design is the feature that makes it unique: the belt-latch feature. To me this makes the pillow feel cumbersome. It’s more of a pain to put on and take off, and when you have a tiny baby it seems you are doing this constantly.

Having a flat pillow strapped around my waist all the time made me feel like a table. And I found that the extra cushioning and padding just made me hot, especially since my baby was born in the summer. Additionally, the latch feature is not “silent” as the ad purports. It is quiet, but not silent.

The makers of My Brest Friend had a good idea, and this might work well for some. But in a real life setting, I found it too cumbersome and inconvenient for daily usage.

My Brest Friend nursing pillow

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121402991500828/k2311a0214/2.14.10