Bank Sinarmas - Indonesia
2.0
  • I think this is also one of the smallest banks too
  • Overall, in my opinion, this bank is a big failure

• by second_life

My last employer was one of the child companies of Sinarmas group. At first, it used other bank as the default-must-have-account for its employee. Several years ago, it tried to found its very own bank, until at last, the bank was founded under Bank Sinarmas as its name. That bank becomes one of the local newest banks in Indonesia. I think this is also one of the smallest banks too.

Because of the founded, recently default-must-have-account for the employee was changed

to Bank Sinarmas account. This is used for all payment (including salary, claim, etc.) transfer to the employee. But too bad, it was not smooth if it’s not failed.

First, there is none of this bank’s ATM around, but the one and only which is located at the bank itself. Thus, all of the employee, including me, have to use other bank’s ATM for transaction and therefore, being charged for additional fees.

Secondly, although its staffs’ hospitality are okay, its network ...

• is not. Its ATM couldn’t be used by then, and it’s happen for more than three days. But the worst hadn’t come yet, since several days after their ATM back to online, its drop again. This time it is not only the ATM, but also the network in its main office. Meaning, whole employee couldn’t get their hands on their own money even though they are directly came to the main office. Lucky me that I always put some amount
        on my other account.

Overall, in my opinion, this bank is a big failure. Therefore, for those who aren’t forced to open an account on this bank (not one of the Sinarmas employees, or so), I strongly advise you not to even try as you will be very sorry if you try it. Let leave this failed bank all alone. I do hope that will learn to examine other banks and tests its own system first before opening it to the public.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 421402991390828/k2311a0214/2.14.10