Miralax Laxative  » Medicine  »
  • I bought the Miralax, aka Polyethylene glycol, over the counter and took the recommended dosage for three days
  • Whoever named it Miralax was definitely a patient like me who does see it as a miracle worker

• by Reviewabit

My doctor recommended that I use Miralax to help with my chronic constipation. I had tried stool softeners, adding fiber to my diet and taking fiber supplements and none of that was not doing the trick.

I’d been using various laxatives as needed but wanted something gentler that I could take as a preventative as well as cure.

dosage for three days.

The first thing that struck me is there was no horrible taste or texture like I had experienced with other laxatives which you mix with liquid.

I added it to apple juice and I couldn’t even tell it was in there.

This is a huge relief after suffering though the likes of gritty Metamucil, or even worse– the taste of saline laxatives or magnesium citrate.

I cringe thinking about ...

• them! It did take several days to work, and I was advised to drink plenty of fluids, because the medicine works with your body’s fluids so if you don’t drink enough, it doesn’t work as well.

What I received from this therapy was a blessing.

No cramping like with other laxatives, no running like wildfire to get to a bathroom because of explosive diarrhea, no embarrassing gas.

Just a nice, softer-than-average but pretty

much normal bowel movement.

I worried maybe it was too good to be true or it was going to be one of those things that works for awhile then stops– but it is 3 months later and it still works fine.

Whoever named it “Miralax” was definitely a patient like me who does see it as a miracle worker! Thank you Miralax.

Anyone who’s ever suffered chronic constipation knows exactly why I am so happy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261402991350828/k2311a0214/2.14.10