Taco Bell Fresco Ranchero Chicken Taco  » Food  »
Taco Bell Anywhere
  • I had tried the famous Subway diet years previous and quite enjoyed it and found it effective
  • Since I found a free coupon on their site, I decided to give the Fresco menu a try
  • As boring as that sounds, it was surprisingly very good
  • I believe the key was the new salsa, which was fresh tomato, onion and lots of cilantro

• by Reviewabit

As a perpetual dieter and a fast food fan, I was immediately curious about the Taco Bell “Drive-thru diet” when I heard about it on TV. I had tried the famous “Subway diet” years previous and quite enjoyed it and found it effective. Looking further into Taco Bell’s spokesperson’s claim, it wasn’t really a diet at all per se, but a lifestyle decision to choose one of the Fresco menu items, which were generally lower in calories than the standard Taco Bell fare.

Since I found a free coupon on their site, I decided to give the Fresco menu a

try. I expected a smaller version of a standard item, perhaps with cheese omitted.

When I got to the restaurant there was nothing visible advertising the diet. (That’s probably because there really was no “diet,” just a lady named Christine making claims of 54 pounds lost by choosing to eat their low-cal tacos!) I chose the Chicken Fresco Ranchero Taco.

It is Christine’s favorite, so the site says. It only has 170 calories– not bad at all.

The ingredients were: chicken breast, salsa, and lettuce on a soft tortilla. As boring as that sounds, it was surprisingly very good! I believe the ...

• key was the new salsa, which was fresh tomato, onion and lots of cilantro.

It tasted as if it were homemade. I liked it so much in fact, I ended up ordering another one.

(I guess I blew the “diet” if I was only meant to eat one) I would order this taco again with no hesitation, whether I was trying to be health conscious or not, so bravo to Taco Bell for a new and different taste, and for trying to help us enjoy tacos without so much guilt. As far as the success of the diet, I would

imagine you could construct any healthy diet around certain healthier options which are available at almost any restaurant, so it’s not particularly special that Taco Bell has it’s own, but if it inspires taco-lovers everywhere to lose weight, well then more power to them.

The Fresco chicken ranchero taco gets a thumbs up from me, and since the other Fresco menu items appear to have the same salsa, I would guess they taste very good as well– and I will be trying them. I only deducted one point for not having the cheese.

But we must sacrifice some things to be healthy!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271402991340828/k2311a0214/2.14.10