Gary Sinise  » People  »
  • I was so glad when I found out that Gary Sinise was going to be the lead character on CSI
  • NY because I think he's the best actor during primetime programming
  • I like how Gary makes his character, Mac, so approachable

• by C.Channing

I was so glad when I found out that Gary Sinise was going to be the lead character on CSI: NY because I think he’s the best actor during primetime programming. Even though I have to wait every Wednesday for a new episode, there are always the episodes that are in syndication on various networks.

Before suiting up as the handsome Mac Taylor on CSI: NY, he was making a name for himself long before the series came calling. I wasn’t even thought of when he was building up his

skills as an actor, but I do remember his performances in some of his unforgettable movies: “The Grapes of Wrath”; “Of Mice and Men”; “Forest Gump”; “The Green Mile”; Apollo 13″; and more. I think I liked “Of Mice and Men” the best because it was a great book, and not only did Gary Sinise direct the movie, but he starred in it along side John Malkovich.

The crazy thing about Gary Sinise being on CSI: NY is that he wasn’t offered the part first; the studios offered it ...

• to Andy Garcia but he turned it down. I like how Gary makes his character, Mac, so approachable. Even though he has a job to do, his door is always open for friends and relatives of victims, as well as his own employees. You see a gradual change in his character as he tries to work through the death of his wife. It’s real. It’s human. I know some actors hate when people say this, but I think the reason why Gary Sinise is such a good actor is
        because of his theater background. He has a profound comprehension of who is character is and what he needs which is why his performances are good week in and week out.

When he’s not acting, and running his theater company “Steppenwolf”, he gives his time to the men and women in the military. He was recently rewarded for his services with a medal or plaque from the President of the United States. I like how even though he’s busy with his show and theater company, he still takes time out to give back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521402990820728/k2311a0214/2.14.10