Rory Cochrane  » People  »
  • Unfortunately by the time I started watching CSI
  • The thing I like best about Rory Cochrane is that he's an intense actor, and he brought that to his character, Tim Speedle
  • It was a shame that it wanted out of his contract because Speedle was the best character on that show
  • He's in an upcoming movie called Passion Play starring Megan Fox, and even though I love his work I think I'll skip it
  • I think he's a good actor and I'm hoping him leaving CSI

• by C.Channing

When Rory Cochrane was on CSI: Miami he played my favorite character, Tim “Speed” Speedle. Unfortunately by the time I started watching CSI: Miami his time on the show was over, and I was about five seasons late; however, I have seasons 1 and 2 only because those were the best when Rory was part of the cast.

Rory Cochrane may appear to be a new comer to some, but to most his career dates back to the movie “Dazed and Confused”. He was also part of the popular movie in the

mid 90s: “Empire Records”. It wasn’t until–get this–my mom saw him on CSI: Miami and kept telling me about the guy with the raspy voice. I had never watched any of the original CSI or CSI: Miami, but the mysterious man with the raspy voice stirred my curiosity.

When I saw Rory in the pilot episode, I couldn’t help but laugh because he looked so young, and had one of those teenage haircuts–the “bowl” cut. It was cute but funny. His character was like the smart aleck of the show, but in a good way. He had this way of making you laugh when you were supposed to be serious because a dead body was staring at you, but you can’t get over the comment his character just made.

The thing I like best about Rory Cochrane is that he’s an intense actor, and he brought that to his character, Tim Speedle. Him and Adam Rodriguez (his co-star) would go back and forth during the show, and it was nice to see him switch back and forth between the intensity and lightheartedness. It ...

• Rory Cochrane
      was a shame that it wanted out of his contract because “Speedle” was the best character on that show. I didn’t even watch the episode his character died because then it would have been official in my mind that he’s really gone from the show.

As a result of Rory wanting out of his contract early, he couldn’t do television for four years. Four years may not seem like a long time, but that’s dog years in the entertainment industry. He did a mini series on TNT, and then gradually started back

doing television once the four years were up. The first show I saw him on when he came back was “24″, and when you’re on “24″ it means you might be on there Monday and gone by Friday. He was also in the movie “Public Enemies” with Johnny Depp. He’s in an upcoming movie called “Passion Play” starring Megan Fox, and even though I love his work I think I’ll skip it. I think he’s a good actor and I’m hoping him leaving CSI: Miami doesn’t affect his ability to get movie roles.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521402990810728/k2311a0214/2.14.10