Johnny Depp  » People  »
  • The one thing I dislike is when people call him a character actor
  • I like the fact that Johnny Depp is out-of-the-box when it comes to the characters he chooses to portray
  • I think he has built a profound and reputable resume, and thank goodness he is willing to bring us unique and unusual characters
  • I love Johnny Depp's work ethic and his dedication to his craft

• by C.Channing

What can I say about Johnny Depp? He has plagued my mind with both his acting skills and good looks since he decided to become an actor.

Before Johnny Depp became the mega successful actor that he is today, he had to pay his dues just like every actor before him. He had aspirations of becoming a musician before he decided to get into acting. I remember his first role was in the “Nightmare On Elm Street”; I wasn’t even allowed to watch that movie as a kid, but I managed to watch it while my mom was at work. I was scared to death to say the least, and didn’t watch the rest of the franchise

until I was older.

>From there, Johnny Depp did other minor roles and then he jumped on board to do one of my favorite movies: “Cry-Baby”. I read somewhere that Johnny took on the role in “Cry-Baby” to rebel against the pretty boy image that Hollywood had stuck him with. Soon after, he would join the cast of the successful series “21 Jump Street”. After a couple of seasons of being on “21 Jump Street”, Johnny wanted out of his contract to pursue other opportunities in acting. However, it would be his role in “Edward Scissorhands” co-starring Winona Ryder and Dianne West that he would find acclaim for his acting skills. The sky would be the ...

• limit for him after that.

Johnny Depp would go on to be in some of my favorite movies: “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape” with Winona Ryder and Leonardo DiCaprio; “The Ninth Gate”; “Sleepy Hollow”; “Secret Window”; “Chocolat”; “Blow”; and many more–okay, all of them. Even though Johnny is known for his acting skills and the roles he chooses, he is also known for working with Tim Burton. The one thing I dislike is when people call him a “character actor”. For me, that is the worst phrase in the world of acting because the point of acting is to bring to life fictional characters on a sheet of paper. I like the fact that Johnny Depp is out-of-the-box

when it comes to the characters he chooses to portray; I like the eccentricity and oddness of the characters he play. He is probably one of the few actors that can’t be categorized as a “mainstream” actor, and that’s a good thing because it means his work is original. I think he has built a profound and reputable resume, and thank goodness he is willing to bring us unique and unusual characters. It’s just a reminder to me that I’ll have something good to look forward to watching in the theaters.

I love Johnny Depp’s work ethic and his dedication to his craft. I love all the movies he’s done, and I hope he continues his successful career.

Johnny Depp
    Mary Cee says :

re : I like the fact that Johnny Depp is out-of-the-box when it comes to the characters he chooses to portray
    He has so many memorable characters. He is so versatile.

kay44 says :

Such a talented man. I watched an interview where he was talking about his daughter’s illness, he got emotional, which was strange because he seems emotionaless all the time.
    Anyway just wanted to point out that.
    he’s a great person. I love this weirdo.

ReadingBug says :

I have a fan of Johnny Depp ever since I saw him in Cry-Baby. Since then I have followed his career, and I love how he makes unexpected and unusual film choices. He was brilliant in Edward Scissorhands which helped him make his mark in Hollywood. I think once he decided to do the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, it really opened the doors for him to be more mainstream and open to fans who would not have been open to him otherwise. I like that he always teams up with Tim Burton because I think they make some of the best visual and classic movies of all time. I like all of Johnny Depp s movies, but my all-time favorite is Sweeney Todd.

Mary Cee says :

re : I think he has built a profound and reputable resume, and thank goodness he is willing to bring us unique and unusual characters
    From odd to wacky characters. He is an amazing actor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521402990790728/k2311a0214/2.14.10