Gerard Butler  » People  »
  • I don't know whether that's true or not, but I do enjoy the performances I have seen from him, and I love his thick Scottish accent
  • I think he is one of those actors who won't be swallowed up by Hollywood

• by C.Channing

Even though Gerard (pronounced Jared) Butler has been around for some time, and I actually watched a majority of his movies unbeknownst to me, he just showed up on my radar when I watched the movie “300″ for the first time.

At first I didn’t want to watch the movie “300″ because there was this explosion of ancient wars/hero movies popping up all over the place the year “300″ was in theaters, and there is nothing worse when Hollywood catches on to a trend and reproduces it over and over again. However, my friends were telling me that

“300″ was better than all the movies that came before and after it, and that I would have eye candy throughout the entire movie to keep my attention. After watching the movie I couldn’t help but wanting to see it over and over again, and to know who was the guy playing Leonidas.

Gerard Butler was studying law before he was bitten by the acting bug, and decided to pursue acting instead. Some of his earlier works consisted of theater performances and small roles in various movies; however, it wouldn’t be until he starred in “Dracula 2000″ ...

• when he would show up on Hollywood’s radar. I had to go back and watch “Dracula 2000″ because I didn’t even realize it was Gerard: His hair was longer and darker, and he looked like a completely different person. He also co-starred with Angelina Jolie in the second installment of “Tomb Raider”. Although Gerard was on the radar, he wouldn’t make a name for himself until “300″.

Since starring in “300″, Gerard’s career has shown no signs of slowing down. In 2009, he had three back to back to back movies out in theaters, and he’s in

an upcoming romance-comedy co-starring Jennifer Aniston. His appeal to his core audience has been lukewarm because they feel he has abandoned real acting for mainstream roles. I don’t know whether that’s true or not, but I do enjoy the performances I have seen from him, and I love his thick Scottish accent. He has a great sense of humor, and a great outlook on life. I think he is one of those actors who won’t be swallowed up by Hollywood. I’m not sure about going to see his new romance-comedy, but I hope he appears in another action/drama movie.

Gerard Butler

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521402990760728/k2311a0214/2.14.10