Jesse Stone: Thin Ice  » Movies  »
1.5
  • I have to admit up front that I've only seen snippets of the character in past movies
  • There was a great cast here, too, including Leslie Hope, Camryn Manheim, and Kathy Baker, all of whom were great
  • My favorite, however, was Joe the Dog as Reggie
  • He was great, and I loved him riding on the seat of the bus

• by Orrymain

Jesse Stone: Thin Ice is the sixth and latest of the series. I have to admit up front that I’ve only seen snippets of the character in past movies. I’ve never managed to get through an entire movie. I’m not sure why because I do enjoy watching Tom Selleck as

a rule. Selleck not only plays Jesse Stone, but he also co-wrote this outing.

At first, I didn’t like how subdued this movie was. It was almost too introspective, but then there was a wonderful scene between Selleck and William Devane, who plays Dr. Dix. The dynamic between these two was so strong that I couldn’t take my eyes off the screen. Devane is like a magnet when he has the right role. He’s a ‘take no prisoners’ actor with a suave exterior and wisecracking smile. He had me, just when I was about to reach for the remote.

Yet, this movie ...

• Jesse Stone: Thin Ice
      was more depressing than anything else, and I came away with wondering what the whole purpose of it was. The end was poignant, but it didn’t grip me as much as make me feel like I’d wasted two hours watching it. The last scene raised more questions for me than the
      movie answered.

There was a great cast here, too, including Leslie Hope, Camryn Manheim, and Kathy Baker, all of whom were great. My favorite, however, was Joe the Dog as Reggie. He was great, and I loved him riding on the seat of the bus. It just may have been this movie’s only saving grace.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111402990660728/k2311a0214/2.14.10