The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.: Deep in the Heart of Dixie  » TV  »
2.5
  • Unfortunately, this whole part of the plot was pretty predictable and sadly for Socrates, I was right with my assumptions

• by Orrymain

In The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.: Deep in the Heart of Dixie, Socrates has fallen for his boss’ secretary. Unfortunately, this whole part of the plot was pretty predictable and sadly for Socrates, I was right with my assumptions. It wouldn’t be a surprise to many to learn that the secretary isn’t exactly on the up and up.

The only part of Deep in the Heart

of Dixie that I really liked was when Dixie is being tugged in different directions by Brisco and Lord Bowler. She stops and points out that the two are always after the same thing, but go about it differently. She suggests that they partner up which would help both to achieve their goal more efficiently. Their reactions are priceless.

On the down side for me, this ...

• is another show that assumes the audience is dumb and not paying attention. Just the episode before, we’re intrigued and delighted by what could be a forever romance between Brisco and his hometown girlfriend. Days later, we have him becoming deeply involved with Dixie. I really abhor the fling of the week and the idea that this would be the next episode from that wonderful
        romance of the prior week. It just cheapens everything.

Kelly Rutherford is pretty good in her role as Dixie Cousins. She gets to sing a lot; in fact, I’m surprised how much time the producers give for her to perform in each show that she appears.

David Warner is zestfully evil as Winston Smiles, while Andrea Parker is just okay as the secretary, Rita Avnet.

All in all, this episode disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101402990230628/k2311a0214/2.14.10