2010 NASCAR Camping World 300 Nationwide race
  • I think other drivers are noticing and perhaps deciding to follow suit
  • In this race, Tony Stewart was the in-race report and for the first time I noticed he flipped up the goggles when contacted
  • Just a few laps later, another driver I don't like, Mike Bliss, drove like an idiot right into Trevor Bayne, causing him to spin and several cars to get damage
  • The big one was definitely big and occurred about midway through the race
  • It's amazing that he just got out of the car and was okay

• by Orrymain

The Camping World 300 race was the opening race for the Nationwide Series. Held on February 13, 2010 in Daytona, the field was led by Kyle Busch on the poll with Carl Edwards completing the first row. Fifteen drivers are also in the Sprint Cup Series and will be competing in that race on the 14th. This was Danica Patrick’s first Nationwide race, and the first time in a while that two women, the other being Chrissy Wallace, began a NASCAR race.

I wonder if Carl Edwards is contagious. No, I don’t mean anything physical, but one thing the press has always complimented him on is that when he is interviewed, he takes off his sunglasses so you can see his eyes. When he’s the in-car reporter, he flips up his helmet goggles so that you can see him, too. I think other drivers are noticing and perhaps deciding to follow suit. In this race, Tony Stewart was the in-race report and for the first time I

noticed he flipped up the goggles when contacted. It could have been a fluke, but I think it would be nice if he was just being respectful and considerate.

Chrissy Wallace’s day ended very quickly, her car smashed within the first few laps when she got loose and spun. She actually put the blame on Paul Menard, and I wouldn’t doubt. I don’t have a lot of respect for Menard’s driving. This put an end to the four Wallaces driving in the same race (Chrissy’s dad Mike, uncle Kenny, and cousin Steve were also racing in this event).

Just a few laps later, another driver I don’t like, Mike Bliss, drove like an idiot right into Trevor Bayne, causing him to spin and several cars to get damage. Danica Patrick drove straight through it and communicated, “I don’t know how I didn’t, but I didn’t.” That’s what she said in referring to not hitting anyone. I had to chuckle. She’s handling that car pretty well at that ...

• point.

Kevin Harvick is another driver I’m just not fond of. He did a careless move before this wreck, sliding up right in front of a charging Edwards. Then he slid down and almost got hit again. This was on Lap 6. These guys are supposed to have more sense than that.

The big one was definitely big and occurred about midway through the race. A wreck began with the 61-car being clipped by the 16-car. Ten cars were damaged and maybe more, including Danica who had nowhere to go.

This race was full of excitement and wrecks and the scariest one included Dale Earnhardt Jr., who flipped over. Scott Riggs and Kyle Busch were part of it as well, along with Harvick. It looked like Edwards was moving up to the outside line a little and then Brad Keselowski came down and the result flipped Jr. over and started a real mayhem of a wreck. Earnhardt’s car was like a pinball out there, being knocked all

over the track in between flips. It’s amazing that he just got out of the car and was okay. From the looks of the replays, it would seem Edwards misjudged his movement. He’ll be sorry about that. I have to say that watching this wreck unfold made me gasp. That’s how scary it was to watch.

The last 20 laps were really terrific. I was holding my breath to see who would win. There were just 21 cars or so on the lead lap, but I’d say only about 14 or so in the mix for position. They were bumping and jockeying for position every lap. Man, it was exciting. In the end, Tony Stewart got the win with Carl Edwards finishing second. While they were approaching the checkered flag, Kyle Busch and Brad Keselowski spun out. I was very pleased that NASCAR didn’t bring out the yellow.

Great race. Very exciting and thrilling. I hope all the races are this fun to watch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 351402990180628/k2311a0214/2.14.10