Sable: Mob  » TV  »
1.0
  • Let me say up front that this review definitely has spoilers about this series end that not everyone might want to read, so if you don't want to know the specifics, you may want to bypass this one
  • When I heard that, I thought it was strange
  • That's a little unusual, but based on the story, it's the best I can come up with
  • I found myself curious who all those people at the funeral were

• by Orrymain

Let me say up front that this review definitely has spoilers about this series end that not everyone might want to read, so if you don’t want to know the specifics, you may want to bypass this one.

I’m really not sure what to say about Sable: Mob. It is, in fact, the final episode of the series that was based on the comic book character of Jon Sable aka: Nicholas Flemming. There’s a moment early on when

Jon Sable meets up with an old friend, Charlie Dean. He tells Dean that he’s done wearing the commando blackout gunk on his face, but that he still wants to help people. When I heard that, I thought it was strange.

One thing was for sure. They must have known this show was a flop from the beginning and therefore would end with this Mob episode. That’s a little unusual, but based on the story, it’s ...

• the best I can come up with.

The mystery is because of the very violent, surprising ending in which Jon Sable is supposedly dead. Is he dead? Well, there’s this very weird funeral with a whole bunch of people bringing flowers. It’s rushed and felt so strange. Someone actually asks if Sable is really dead and someone answers that he will never be dead. Cheesecake is very visible in the scene, but not all the

other regulars are. I found myself curious who all those people at the funeral were.

It was all uncomfortable for me. I didn’t get the justification for what goes down or how that last scene was staged. He looked dead, but why? Was he destined to go that way? I don’t know. I just don’t know what to say about this show ender except that it was deeply disturbing and unsatisfying in just about every aspect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101402990020628/k2311a0214/2.14.10