Thai’s Local Transportation Mode  » Travel  »
  • And from my very own experience, I want to share both positive and negative points about that transportation method
  • I love this ‘feature’ as it gives me some additional knowledge about Thailand
  • Since tourists’ boat’s passengers are free to use each and every single boat on the route, I recommend you to try the local boat too, at least once for best additional experience
  • Overall, I do agree with my hotel’s front desk officer, this is a worth to try thing if you are happen to have a vacation on Thailand

• by second_life

First time I visited Bangkok, Thailand, my hotel’s front desk officer encouraged me that local transportation method using the river is really a worth thing to try. Based on the information I got before, I did use it for a whole day in my second vacation day in Thailand. We used the tourist one but incidentally also used the local one. And from my very own experience, I want to share both positive and negative points about that transportation method.

Boat

for tourists was usually neater than the local one. Each of tourists will have their own seats, while you better not to expect too high for a seat if you are trying the local one. Beside, it also has better equipment on boat that you will not experience to be sprayed with sea water whenever the rain falls.

It is also completed by a guide who will tell you the history of on sight famous buildings and about Thailand’s fairytale, but sometimes the guide will also throws some jokes around. I love this ‘feature’ as it gives me some additional knowledge about Thailand. But too bad, not every tourists’ boat have on-board-guide, you have to take a good careful look before jumping into your boat if you are expecting for one.

For all those positive points, you will be expected to pay for more than local people. It was about up to fourth times more, as far as I can remember. But you ...

• Thai's Local Transportation Mode
      can use the boats on route for whole day without additional payment needed. So if you are planning to take a whole day tour around the river, this tourists’ boat is a perfect thing to be tried. But I do strongly suggesting you, not to take this one if you only have less than half day time to travel in this route since the fee is still the same.

Since tourists’ boat’s passengers are free to use each and every single boat

on the route, I recommend you to try the local boat too, at least once for best additional experience. But please don’t take this suggestion if you have some allergic with the natural smell of sea water, chocolate colored water, or if you are pregnant, because local boats are always fuller than it should to be.

Overall, I do agree with my hotel’s front desk officer, this is a worth to try thing if you are happen to have a vacation on Thailand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381402989990628/k2311a0214/2.14.10