Smart Bro Prepaid Internet  » Internet  »
1.0
  • I thought Smart Bro is the fastest Pre Paid internet
  • However, the problem is that they do not have nationwide 3G coverage
  • I did not feel convenience that's primarily my reason why I don't like Smart Bro
  • I don't think there is something better between the two

• by dimples15

I thought Smart Bro is the fastest Pre Paid internet. They have laud about this tag line in their commercials. I don’t have trust with Globe Broadband because I am a postpaid subscriber of them and they really suck in everything. That’s why when I had the time that I needed to buy a prepaid internet, I opted for Smart Bro. Most of my friends who are postpaid subscriber of Smart Bro told me that the connection is better.

I only need this when I am in Manila traveling and sometimes, the place that I am

in does not have wifi connection so I have to have a prepaid internet handy with me. At first, they said it gives you 2mbps speed. This is possible with 3G sites. However, the problem is that they do not have nationwide 3G coverage. It normally fluctuates. So, under your settings, you need to use GPRS service which is less than the 2mbps speed. To my frustration, even the GPRS service, the connection is very much slow, I can’t even send a simple email. It was really frustrating and the performance was just getting worst everyday. This ...

• is not a good prepaid connection. I mean I would suggest you avail of wifi service in your hotel room for faster service if you want it rather than having this which is more expensive.

I have complains about their customer service too. The agent whom I talked was inept, not responsive to the question and did not offer me any suggestion at all. She plainly apologized and kept repeating what she earlier mentioned. This is bad, extremely bad customer service. I was left with no option at all. The menu when you have to dial to

be directed to technical support is also very tricky. You need to key in lots and lots of number.

I did not feel convenience that’s primarily my reason why I don’t like Smart Bro. Why is there connection at all for a simple GPRS coverage? When you want to talk to customer service you are not given assistance or worst it will take you a lifetime to get to one representative. This is not just bad for me, this is the worst just like Globelines. I don’t think there is something better between the two.

Smart Bro Prepaid Internet
    Frank Witteman says :

re : I don’t think there is something better between the two
    We live in San Juan, Abra 2823 where SmartBro coverage is almost zero, have been trying the pre-paid LTE router (plan 995) for 3 years now in Abra with almost weekly complaints (e-mails) to the Smart help desk and received many promises from the SmartBro support team to look into the matter (maximum GPRS or 1G at night). We also have a flat in Makati City (Ayala) where SmartBro LTE coverage is supposed to be 100% present but we get 2-3G quality at the most (1.0 Mbps). Trying to update the y800 router firmware also fails (does not exist), their support and service really sucks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211402989870528/k2311a0214/2.14.10