Ricki Lake  » People  »
  • It was a good movie, at least I thought so anyways
  • I think Ricki Lake is one of the few people I would actually admit to being a fan of

• by C.Channing

When I first was introduced to Ricki Lake, it was when I was watching the movie “Cry Baby”. It was a movie by John Waters about two teens from different sides of town falling in love. It was an all-star cast: Johnny Depp was in it which was enough for me to watch.

Even though Ricki was a popular talk show host in the 90s, she built up a decent acting resume. She starred

in the hit musical “HairSpray”, the original movie, and she was in my favorite movie “Baby Cakes”. Ricki played this over weight woman who was in love with a handsome train conductor. It was a good movie, at least I thought so anyways. She was also the waitress in the movie “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”.

Despite having a successful acting career and talk show, Ricki Lake battled being over weight for a majority of ...

• her life. It wasn’t until she reemerged in the spotlight a few years ago with a slim, new body and she appeared to be finally happy with her weight and her life. She even did a documentary about herself giving birth at home. I don’t know if she was advocating home birth or midwives, but I didn’t watch the documentary. I had nothing against the documentary, I just didn’t watch it.

I think Ricki

Lake is one of the few people I would actually admit to being a fan of. I don’t collect pictures or anything like that, but a fan nonetheless. I loved staying up past my bedtime in order to catch a glimpse “The Ricki Lake Show”. I thought she nice person when she was over weight, and I still think she’s nice after the weight loss. I wish she would bring back her show from the 90s.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521202989500228/k2311a0212/2.12.10