Julie & Julia book

• by Wrazen

My boyfriend got me a copy of this book for my birthday. I just finished it and I have to tell you it was pretty good. I haven’t seen the movie yet.

I have no idea how all that is going to translate into a film. Back to the book though: It’s a true

story… except the parts about Julia Child which the author made up based on some old letters from Paul Child.

Anyway, the plot line is a little weak. I kept waiting for something more dramatic than murdering lobsters for dinner.

I was also pretty annoyed by the main character’s tantrums and overly zealous use ...

• of the word F***. I don’t think that was at all neccessary.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not the type to shake my head at profanity. I can curse like a sailor if the mood is right.

The point is, I don’t want to be forced to trip over the f-word in every sentence while I

try to enjoy my “chick-lit. ” It totally messed with the flow of the novel.

If you come across it at a yard sale or get it as a gift, then go for it. It is worth a read as there are some pretty funny parts.

I just wouldn’t pay the $15 for it at Books-a-million.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171202989160228/k2311a0212/2.12.10