Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum in London,England  » Travel  »
  • I had heard and read about this museum a long time before I had finally gotten a chance to come and visit it, so I thought I pretty much knew what I was about to see
  • I have taken pictures of myself standing next to some of them (yes, you are allowed to do that), and, if I wanted to, I would have no problem whatsoever convincing friends and family that I was photographed with the real person (no, I don't do that, it's not good to lie)

• by Lorianna
      My visit to the Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum in London, England, was unforgettable. The museum is located at Marylebone Road, the nearest underground station is Baker Street. I had heard and read about this museum a long time before I had finally gotten a chance to come and visit it, so I thought I pretty much knew what I was about to see: a collection of wax figures of all kinds of famous people - actors, musicians, sports stars, politicians, etc.

Well, in a nutshell, yes, that’s what Madame

Tussaud’s is about. However, I had no idea now lifelike those figures are.

They don’t look like mannequins. They don’t look like wax figures.

They look like real people, so much that you often expect them to blink or move. I have taken pictures of myself standing next to some of them (yes, you are allowed to do that), and, if I wanted to, I would have no problem whatsoever convincing friends and family that I was photographed with the real person (no, I don’t do that, it’s not ...

• good to lie).

There are several different sections where you will see different types of people represented. The historical one features kings and queens of old and historical figures like Napoleon and Duke of Wellington.

Each figure has a caption telling you its story. Pop stars and movie actors have their own separate place, and so do athletes and politicians.

The current royal family is also there, including Princess Diana, although she stands a little aside. There is also a place called The Chamber with all kinds of scary

stuff like serial killers, instruments of execution and torture, etc.

The museum has been around since 1835, and some of the original figures from that first collection are still on display. You will learn a lot about the history of the place during your tour, as well as how the figures are made, how long it takes, etc.

You will get to see some of the molds and parts, and pictures of figures in various stages of completion. The tickets were a little pricey, but within reason.

You can also order tickets online at www. madame-tussauds.

co. uk

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3817109890431/k2311a1017/10.17.05