Verizon Wireless 2-Year Contract
2.5
  • I bought an LG Dare which didn’t require a data plan on it
  • Immediately calling customer support, they were arguing with me saying that it was my problem because I probably accidentally hit a button that activated data

• by FruitRocks

Verizon Wireless always bashes At&T in their commercials saying that they are a better 3G Network. That is not true at all. I have been with Verizon Wireless for almost 2 years now, and can’t wait to get off of the contract.

One of the things that I hate most about Verizon Wireless is their policy about data plans. I bought an LG Dare which didn’t require a data plan

on it.

The first month my bill came in, I got billed at $2. 99/mb (without doing anything data related).

Immediately calling customer support, they were arguing with me saying that it was my problem because I probably accidentally hit a button that activated data. After finishing up the conversation for an hour, they told me that they would send me a LG Env2 free of charge because this one supposedly “doesn’t ...

• need a data plan.

” This one lasted without data charges for about 3 months, then on my 4th month bill it said that I used another $2. 99/mb.

Even angrier than before, I called up Verizon threatening to leave. They then told me that they didn’t care.

So much for their customer support. Another thing I can’t stand is their smartphone choices because all other carriers, including Sprint, had more smartphones

to choose from while Verizon only had the BlackBerry’s and the Samsungs (sure they have the Pre now, but it took them a pretty long time to get decent smartphones).

If you don’t like AT&T but don’t want to go with Verizon, my next choice for you would be to go to T-mobile, Sprint, and then Cricket. The only reason I would go with Verizon is if you actually need 3G, which most people don’t.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221102988540328/k2311a0211/2.11.10