Watercress and Orange soup recipe  » Recipes  »
  • When I was on holiday last year in Devon I discovered my now favourite soup and this is how I make it

• by Steve1234

When I was on holiday last year in Devon I discovered my now favourite soup and this is how I make it. It is easy to do and quick and full of goodness and even my two children eat it. It is watercress and orange soup.

This recipe serves four One tablespoon of olive oil

/> A large chopped onion 2 bunches of watercress The juice of one large orange One pint of vegetable stock Quarter of a pint of single cream Two tablespoon of corn flour Salt and pepper

This is how you make this lovely soup Heat a little oil in a big pan and put the onions in ...

• until they are soft. Then add the watercress. Cover and cook for five minutes.

Add the orange juice and vegetable stock. Bring back to the boil and cover, reduce the heat and simmer for ten minutes. Put the soup in a blender a puree. Put it back in the pan and stir in the

cream and corn flour and salt and pepper to your taste.

Heat the soup gently and keep stirring until it slightly thickens.

This is so simple and is very tasty I have served this at one of my dinner parties and to make it look good I just put a swirl of thick cream on top and a couple of slices of orange at the side.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 491102988520328/k2311a0211/2.11.10