Cashmere Mist Luxe by Donna Karan perfume
  • I think this is one of the scents that will surely be appreciated by the fashion-forward audience
  • I like how discerning the floral flavor was

• by rosytobb

I am one of those. Yet perfume collecting is a mere facet in this beautiful free-spirited existence. Between jetting off to exotic European destination for some business attendance to sashaying down international fashion shows, I happen to check some important releases last year. Donna Karan has used Cashmere as its main inspiration in this 2009 fragrance. Adding this to a rooster of luxurious scent is Cashmere Mist Luxe.

Having tried so many naturally-inspired fragrance, I am one of those who supports perfume which drives its main name from a natural source. Guerlain’s complete line has enthralled me for a year now. I think this is one of the scents that will surely be appreciated by the fashion-forward

audience. It is an oriental scent which has a unique style philosophy and the smell for me is an effortless chic.

I am more inspired by the plethora of meaningful notes in the scent which lauds the entire smell as something incessantly classy.

There were hints of strong flower power when the scent started. I like how discerning the floral flavor was. It was a mixture of all sorts.

You have ylang ylang, jasmine and orange blossoms. Rightfully appropriate for modern smell. There were hints of bergamot also as the scent lasted for sometime. I did not find it attractive at first but the beauty of it came out when I started picking out smell from ...

• woody nuances to amber, leather and labdanum.

There were strong hints of cedar too which made the woody appeal strong. But when you imagine it, the scent looks like it is to masculine. Indeed there were hints of masculine characteristics. The woody smell in it was strong I think because of cedar.

But the femininity is when it dries down. The scent when it dries down echoes the sensibilities of today’s modern woman. It is fashionable, upbeat, versatile and casual and in touch with a dynamic and constantly fast changing lifestyle. This is what I like about the smell because it is a wide variety of style.

It goes to something which is not traditionally women smell.

It has this warm oriental boasts but it is marked with utter comfort and feminine chic. There is always this modern and female character to it. This is typically for casual work days, city shopping and strolling moments or even girl’s night out and parties.

The scent is definitely pretty for me. There is an interplay of unusual female style versus workmanship in perfume which is traditionally male. There is an apparent suggestion of being too strong of a scent this is but for me it is longevity. The dry down connotes no less than a floral sprinkle in your nose thus I find this unique and the details after dry down indicates dedication as a female smell.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561102988490328/k2311a0211/2.11.10