BSNL  » Cellular services  »
1.5
  • Though, currently, I am not using BSNL but I have used it for three consecutive years and I am in a position to review it according to my experience

• by Mac T

Though, currently, I am not using BSNL but I have used it for three consecutive years and I am in a position to review it according to my experience. First of all, its positive features that I have experienced and at the top most level is its network comprehensibility. I must say that being the government owned company it has got a vast infrastructure with most number of network towers.

Where ever you are, you will be less likely to get out of coverage area, if you are using BSNL. Then comes charges and tariff plans.

My experience says that though, it is last to offer something new and exciting yet it does not charge you a penny when it comes to hidden charges. And the third is minimum unwanted calls and SMS that I got using this operator.

And here the feature ends. First thing that can be said to be terrific is its very poor customer care system.

Whenever I dialed them, I don’t remember getting me connected to a customer care executive instantly. You have to wait at least 5 minutes and listen to their irritating advertisement before they will forward your call to an executive.

The recharge and top up options of this operator is also ...

• BSNL
      pathetic. When all other operators are offering top up options starting from Rs.

10, the minimum top up at BSNL is Rs. 50.

This is a big problem. And then they will not initiate anything new in the industry.

Though, government owned they are last to offer anything that become a wave in the industry. Sometimes I was irritated by these facts but due to its large network area

I continued till few months ago.

Last but not least is its internet connection. First of all, they need huge sum at your account to be connected through GPRS and then their internet connection is not trustworthy when it comes to giving speed.

Now, they have launched 3G service and here too they will find themselves back to wall when the private operators will be allowed to give 3G to its customers.

BSNL

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221002987000528/k2311a0210/2.10.10