Gifts for Holidays
  • I bought the mini loaf pans and Jiffy bread mixes from the General Dollar store as well
  • I found the plastic bag covers at General Dollar Store and pretty ribbons and bows
  • I had used my talent along with bargain items from General Dollar Stores to create a holiday gift that was enjoyed by all
  • I especially like doing this because I have two beautiful grandaughters who I enjoy working with

• by writershirley
      Happy Holidays I always say with a gift that is part homemade and partly bought materials. I have found that you can go creative and use Dollar Stores to really make your gift special. Last year I went to the Dollar General and picked up some cute little spreaders that had reindeer and santa heads. I made my famous homemade winter apple jelly.

I also bought baskets at the store and using my paper shreder I filled the bottoms with newspapers shredded. I before hand painted some of the baskets green and others red. I bought the mini loaf

pans and Jiffy bread mixes from the General Dollar store as well.

I made homemade breads in the mini loafs. I placed the breads and jelly in baskets. I found the plastic bag covers at General Dollar Store and pretty ribbons and bows.

My family was well pleased. I had used my talent along with bargain items from General Dollar Stores to create a holiday gift that was enjoyed by all. This year I have been working just about all summer on my holiday gifts.

I saved my small coffee cans for this project. I bought canvas and yarn at Wal-Mart ...

• for a very reasonable price. I then put designs on the out side of the cans.

For example one can I put red apples, at Dollar General I bought apple chips that I could place in the can. The next can was for children so I did fishes and coral inside I put those goldfish crackers in a plastic bag a ribbon to tie and placed it in the can. I did several cans with trail mix for the treat and used the western theme for canvas.

I used boots, cowboy hats, fence and pony. I really had fun doing

this project! The funniest one was for my husband it contained bananna chips. You guessed it I did a big Monkey Holding a bananna.

Row of Banannas on top and bottom. One Monkey I dressed as a girl the other a boy. Go creative this holiday.

You can have fun and you can make things that others enjoy at the holiday time and all year long. I especially like doing this because I have two beautiful grandaughters who I enjoy working with. They are learning crafts and cooking.

They are also having fun by making things for others. This Holiday make it your way!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 46191098680231/k2311a1019/10.19.06