Women’s One-a-Day, Active Mind and Body Multi-vitamin  » Health  »
1.0
  • I think just psychologically I felt better knowing I was taking a vitamin
  • I now take something totally different, but I decided to try the Active Mind and Body vitamin since I saw it advertised as being helpful for women who were active
  • I have to be low on some vitamin or mineral because I don’t feel top notch, but I know I’m doing good things for my body

• by squishlette

I used to take the regular One-a-Day for Women. I would take it every morning with my breakfast. I didn’t notice anything huge when I forgot to take it. I think just psychologically I felt better knowing I was taking a vitamin. I now take something totally different, but I decided to try the Active Mind and Body vitamin since I saw it advertised as being helpful for women who were active. And I am very active; I work out six times a week for an hour and lift weights, so I think I definitely need something a little

more than just a simple multi-vitamin. I have to be low on some vitamin or mineral because I don’t feel top notch, but I know I’m doing good things for my body.

These vitamins may be fine for other people, but for me, they made me sick. I tried taking it at different times. First I took it in the morning with breakfast, and I felt nauseous for like an hour, then I took it at lunch time and still was sick for an hour, then I took it before bed and it made me sick and I couldn’t sleep.

• After the initial sick feeling went a way, I still spent the day feeling sluggish; it was like the vitamin was just sitting in my stomach like a dead weight. Not a good feeling like it advertised.

I did some research and apparently some women can’t handle zinc very well, and these vitamins have a rather large amount in them. So I am guessing that is the problem. It’s strange though, because the regular One-a-Day I never had any problems with. I haven’t been brave enough to try the Metabolism vitamin, just because of this reaction to the Active Mind

and Body.

Multi-vitamins are supposed to make you feel energetic and healthy. These things totally zapped me and made me want to run away back home to wallow in my own self pity of feeling yucky. Thankfully, I managed. But it was enough for me to vow to not take them anymore. I gave them away to a co-worker and so far I haven’t heart her say anything bad about them. I really think there is just something not compatible with my body chemistry. I’ve switched to a pre-natal vitamin that makes me feel better then even the original One-a-Day vitamins.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34902986750928/k2311a029/2.9.10