Mrs. Mango’s  » Business  »
3500 South US Hwy 1, Rockledge, Fl 32955
  • I would however make a special trip just to go there because I love to smell the different herbs and see what new things they have learned to make

• by squishlette

Off of US 1 in Rockledge is a little house, right after the citrus place. This is Mrs. Mangos, or as I call it, Mama Mangos. I used to go all the time with my best friend. It is a business in a house. It has been around since 1988. They sell herbs, antiques, raw honey and other gift items. The atmosphere is just like being at grandma’s house. As soon as you arrive you are offered a cup of tea and cookies, they even have a little table you can sit at.

Granted, when there is more than one customer there at

a time it can be pretty crowded, it is a very small house. Mrs. Mango is no longer there, but it is still run by her family. They always remember us when we go and have a smile for us. All the herbs and soaps are made right there at the store. They have the bee hives in the back yard and there is a little green house to walk in if you are interested in buying a plant.

I used to buy my tea bags there. They have this red hibiscus tea, that is excellent hot or cold. I also buy essential oils and ...

• sometimes almond oil that is used for a base. They also have books and bottles, and sheets of beeswax which can be used for lots of different things.

All items are carefully packed in a brown paper bag. The prices are really unbeatable, probably because it is a homegrown business. You can even ask them about different remedies for general health concerns, but they will tell you modern medicine is indispensable and for serious concerns to see your doctor.

The only thing I can say bad about it is usually smells like smoke. I’m sure to people who buy their pipe supplies there it smells

wonderful. They have big jars full of different potpourri mixes you can buy. Most herbs are sold by the ¼ ounce and they are put in easily stored baggies. If you are looking for a quaint little place with lots of character this is the place for you. If you’re looking for somewhere to waste an hour or so, this probably isn’t it. I would however make a special trip just to go there because I love to smell the different herbs and see what new things they have learned to make. Some day, I will get myself a pair of the rope sandals!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41902986730928/k2311a029/2.9.10