Chung’s Shrimp Egg Rolls
  • The only thing I don't like is how hard it is to remove the plastic from the container
  • Overall, the Chung's shrimp egg rolls are the best ever
  • I like how the container has individual slots for the shrimp egg rolls
  • I love the shrimp and the many vegetables packed into the egg rolls

• by C.Channing

Anytime I order Asian food, an egg roll is a must and not because they’re one dollar. There is something about the beef or pork mixed in with various vegetables. When I saw the Chung’s shrimp egg rolls in the grocery store, the thought of being able to eat egg rolls at home on a regular basis was enough to put a smile on my face.

The Chung’s shrimp egg rolls came in a box of five with three sweet and sour sauce packs. The shrimp eggs rolls are in a container which houses the shrimp egg rolls separately. The only thing I don’t like is how hard it is to remove the plastic from the container. I’ll be on

a roll (no pun intended) when I’m removing the plastic film, and next thing you know my perfect technique is causing the plastic to be removed on an angle. However, I do like how the box comes with three sweet and sour sauces that only take a few minutes to thaw.

I’ll take the five shrimp egg rolls and place them on a sheet of aluminum in the oven for ten to fifteen minutes at four hundred and fifty degrees. When they’re ready to be taken out, they have a nice, golden shade to them and parts of the shrimp egg roll is cracked which means they’re going to be crunchy. I’ll pour the packs of sweet and sour sauce ...

• into a ceramic dish, and proceed to dunk the shrimp egg roll into the fire, red sauce.

The first bite is a rollercoaster of flavors. I get the decadence which is sweet and sour sauce, then the crispy outer layer of the shrimp egg roll is exceptionally light and delicate, and the inside of the shrimp egg roll is where the part is. The shrimp inside the egg rolls tastes like a real shrimp: It’s succulent and properly cooked. The vegetables are the best: The celery, carrots, clear noodles, and whatever else stuffing I’m neglecting to mention is so fantastic. It tastes as fresh as the vegetables I would order in the mall, except it comes in smaller portions. However,

it’s still packed full of flavor. Shrimp egg roll heaven.

Overall, the Chung’s shrimp egg rolls are the best ever! The shrimp egg rolls are packed full of flavor, and they come with sweet and sour packets. I like how the container has individual slots for the shrimp egg rolls. I like how it doesn’t take long to cook them, and I like how crispy the outer layer is. I love the shrimp and the many vegetables packed into the egg rolls. The Chung’s shrimp egg rolls are good enough to compete with the Asian restaurants, and that’s a plus for me because that tells me the depth that the company is willing to go in order to produce the best product possible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27902986300928/k2311a029/2.9.10