Betty Crocker Super Moist Carrot Cake  » Food  »
  • Instead of using regular vanilla frosting, I like to use the Betty Crocker rich cream cheese frosting
  • Even though I don't think the small orange squares are authentic carrots, they are good and have a little hint of carrot flavor
  • I love the rich nut meg flavor throughout the cake, and I live how small the carrot squares are

• by C.Channing

Every since I had the carrot cake made by the Publix bakery, I’ve been hooked on them every since. Luckily for me, my friend Betty Crocker never runs short of her supply of carrot cake mix.

I’m not really sure if there is more than one version of Betty Crocker’s carrot cake, but the one I always buy is the super moist carrot cake. The mix alone smells like nutmeg to me. For the mixing instructions, I have to add the following to the dry ingredient: Oil, eggs, and water. Depending on how I feel, I use either a large mixing spoon or I’ll get the electric mixer. Then I have to prep my baking pans, pour the

cake mix into them, and pop it in the over for thirty-five minutes at three hundred and fifty degrees.

When the cake is finished baking, I take it out of the oven to cool. Note to anyone who uses the Betty Crocker super moist cake mixes: A rectangular dish will not be enough to contain the cake. The cake quadruples in size, and it would be best to just use two separate pans. I had to learn the hard way when I used a glass, rectangular dish to bake the cake in; the cake rose so much that I couldn’t cover it without smudging the frosting. I ended up having to cut a majority of the top off ...

• in order to put the frosting on it, and cover it without the smudging.

Instead of using regular vanilla frosting, I like to use the Betty Crocker rich cream cheese frosting. It adds a richness to the carrot cake. The first bite is always sinfully sweet; the strong aroma of nut meg lingers after the cake is baked. Even though I don’t think the small orange squares are authentic carrots, they are good and have a little hint of carrot flavor. The odd part about the carrot flavored squares is that it doesn’t hinder the taste of the cake at all. The cake is moist just like the box says, and is light in my mouth. Because

of how light the cake is, it has a sort of delicateness to it, but in the terms of it falling apart. You just want to watch it for a few minutes before shoving a forkful of it in your mouth.

Overall, I like the Betty Crocker super moist carrot cake. The cake lives up to the fact that it really is super moist. I love the rich nut meg flavor throughout the cake, and I live how small the carrot squares are. The mixing and baking instructions are fairly simple, and the amount of time it takes to bake is not bad at all. I also like to make cupcakes with the mix, and it’s a real crowd pleaser.

Betty Crocker Super Moist Carrot Cake

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27902986250928/k2311a029/2.9.10