New Sunlight Dish Detergent
2.5
  • I've used Sunglight CLOTHES detergent before and it worked well so I thought the dish detergent would be good too
  • All the dishsoaps I buy are generally under three dollars and this was no cheaper than other brands I've bought in the past so I found that the poor quality of the Sunglight dish soap is not attributed to being cheap (which might have then been a case of you get what you pay for )

• by Blaire LaClare

I live on a farm with water with too much iron in it. My water is, despite being orangish and tasting tinny, not unhealthy and is quite soft. With that thought in mind I recently bought what is called “new Sunlight Dish Detergent”. I’ve used Sunglight CLOTHES detergent before and it worked well so I thought the dish detergent would be good too. I’ve had cheap dish detergent that did not suds up

before but Sunglight is a name brand cleaner, I thought it would work well.

Jist of it, it doesn’t. I am not in the habit of talking to friends and acquaintances about my dishsoap but I strongly would not reccommend this dish soap!

Why was it so horrible? Generally I only need two small squirts of dish soap in warm to hot dish water at a time to wash dishes. Using ...

• Sunlight I have to squirt the detergent into my water at least 4 times. Unless I have a very big sink of dishes and/or a sinkful that is very dirty I do not have to add more detergent. Not the case with Sunlight, even for small sinks of dishes and ones that aren’t very greasy I almost always have to add more dish soap and the lather is still abysmal compared to others such
        as Dawn.

All the dishsoaps I buy are generally under three dollars and this was no cheaper than other brands I’ve bought in the past so I found that the poor quality of the Sunglight dish soap is not attributed to being cheap (which might have then been a case of “you get what you pay for”). To sum up, you do NOT get what you pay for with Sunlight Dish soap, two thumbs down for Sunglight!

Debbie says :

I am having a hard time finding the sunlight for my dishwasher. I use to find it at kmart but they no longer carry it can u tell me where i can find it ?

Galega says :

Sunlight Dish Detergent has never been discontinued. It is one of the most popular products in this segment. There might be some issues which led KMart no more keeping it. Only they can say the exact reason. In any case, you should try to get it from any other retail shop near your home.

lynnpowell says :

Why does the Sunlight Dishwasher detergent leave film on everything, awful film smudges on any glass or plastic. drinking glasses. I have to rewash EVERY GLASS AND CUP, AND MY PLATES AND SILVERWARE ARE EMBARRASSING TO BE PUT OUT after the dishwasher with your product. I would not recommend your product at all, 2 thumbs down for sure, where do I get my oney back for 2 boxes I bought, my 2nd box will be thrown out

Galega says :

I have used Sunlight Dishwasher and have not found this problem. Either you are using an old and outdated product, or you are not washing your utensils properly after washing them with this dishwasher. It is mandatory to wash utensils with clean water.

If you are still having bad odor, then use warm water and lemon to clean utensils.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53902986130828/k2311a029/2.9.10