Almay Smart Shade Makeup
  • This is a very light foundation and does not cake at all, which is why I like it for the warm weather that I am having right now
  • Not only is it cheap, it’s pretty cool and it works well, so I’d repurchase and also recommend it

• by Emme

This is something that I just had to try! How could I resist the wily charms of magical makeup? Just kidding, but this foundation is supposed be white when it’s in the tube, and when I put it on my face, it’s supposed to match my skin tone. Weird, right? But that is exactly what sold it for me.

I got this foundation in Fair, which seemed to fit my skin tone well.

So after squeezing it out,

you see these little grey balls.

Weird…But I tried it diligently, and applied it to my skin, squishing all the little balls to bits.

Magically, they all changed color to match my skin! I wonder why they still have shades like Fair, Light, Medium, if the makeup is supposed to match the skin.

Anyway, I was really surprised, because not only did it change color in front of my eyes, it also had pretty decent coverage.

My main ...

• red spots and uneven skin tone was covered up, and the dark circles under my eyes were reduced.

They still needed concealer, but they always do, so I’m not complaining.

Anyway, the lasting power is normal, which is to be expected from a drugstore foundation, because I had to reapply it in the afternoon, but that could be because it was a hot day that day and I had been sweating a lot.

Maybe I’ll try it sometime

when it is cooler outside.

This is a very light foundation and does not cake at all, which is why I like it for the warm weather that I am having right now.

I can see myself only using this during the summer months, because it doesn’t make my face feel like something is caked on it.

I really like this! Not only is it cheap, it’s pretty cool and it works well, so I’d repurchase and also recommend it.

Almay Smart Shade Makeup

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31902985930828/k2311a029/2.9.10