NIVEA Brilliant Blonde shampoo (Hair care)  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • So, to give my hair an extra shine I bought a bottle of NIVEA Brilliant Blonde shampoo (for both dyed and naturally blond hair)
  • There are other such products on the market, but I decided to buy this one based on two reasons
  • Having had some experience with similar products, I suspected that the extra shine, if any, would be mostly the consequence of smoothing out the texture of the hair

• by Pretty Polly

I have naturally dark blonde hair but have been dying it a much lighter shade for two years now.

I should point out that my hair is quite healthy and slightly wavy (naturally), so it’s never particularly dull-looking.

However, sometimes – usually when I am depressed - I just feel the need to give it an extra “boost” of some sort. And one of the “fun” aspects of having blond hair is that you can play up the shine and sparkle of this light-catching hair colour with relative ease.

So, to give my hair an extra shine I bought

a bottle of NIVEA Brilliant Blonde shampoo (for both dyed and naturally blond hair). There are other such products on the market, but I decided to buy this one based on two reasons: a) in my experience, Nivea is always reliable; and b) not being expensive, it offers great value for money.

This product contains wheat germ and sunflower seed oils (for better nourishment, I suppose, but not really relevant as far shine-boosting is concerned) and UV sunblock filter (to protect the hair from ultraviolet rays). It is also supposed to “provide moisture” to the hair.

That’s all ...

• very well, but I was mostly interested in its shine-boosting properties. Having had some experience with similar products, I suspected that the extra shine, if any, would be mostly the consequence of smoothing out the texture of the hair.

I was right.

Immediately after I had washed my hair (I didn’t apply any additional products, because I wanted to see the “raw” effect of the shampoo), with my hair still wet, I didn’t notice any particular increase in shine. After it had dried (I always let it dry naturally), I saw some – not much, just some – extra

shine, but it was at the expense of my natural waves, just as I had suspected. My hair was smoother and straighter, hence a little shinier. And the next day even that little extra shine was barely perceptible at all – only my hair was still flatter than I would have liked it to be.

So, based on my own needs, expectations and experience, I would give this shampoo a 5/6.

But if you have naturally straight and smooth hair – or would like it to be so – you may want to give it a try; and your rating might be higher.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31902985710828/k2311a029/2.9.10