L’Oreal Elvive Nutri-Repair Shampoo Anti-Breakage  » Cosmetics  »
  • Unfortunately, it has been discontinued so I had to look for other alternatives
  • The problem with other shampoos I have tried is that while they did deliver on their promise in making your hair soft, smooth and shiny, they didn't do much to strengthen the hair shafts
  • So I bought a bottle and tried it and was pleasantly relieved
  • I took about 2 inches off my hair and I noticed that it was visible shiny and smooth

• by Heloise

I used to have great hair — thick, shiny and naturally straight. I also didn’t have a lot of problems with hair breakage and fall-out. In my teens I was loyal to one shampoo, a brand that used aloe vera gel as a base. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued so I had to look for other alternatives. The problem with other shampoos I have tried is that while they did deliver on their promise in making your hair soft, smooth and shiny, they didn’t do much to strengthen the hair shafts. Plus the barrage of conditioners in the shampoos tended to bog down the hair. In time, my hair simply felt limp and heavy. Worse, the shampoos made my hair and scalp greasy and .

I confess that what attracted me

to L’Oreal Elvive Anti-Breakage Nutri-Repair Shampoo is the glossy marketing but I figured that since it was slightly more costly than other shampoos in the market, it must have something other shampoos don’t have. So I bought a bottle and tried it and was pleasantly relieved.

The Good The shampoo has a thick consistency, so for the penny-pincher in me, that’s good news. It meant that even a small dollop will do for a good scalp and hair clean-up and conditioning. It has a fresh, pleasant smell and produces a healthy amount of suds. At rinsing time, the effect on the hair shaft was evident — as I ran my hands down my hair with the water, I could feel the silky-smoothness, even after I had thoroughly washed off the suds.

Elvive Anti-Breakage kept my hair soft ...

• and smooth. I had to check myself because I kept running my fingers through my hair just to feel it. It also kept my hair and scalp smelling nice. But on to the more important part: the anti-breakage part.

My problem is not actually brittle hair — it’s falling hair. I am trying to resolve it by eating a better diet and being kinder to my hair by not brushing too much or wearing it in a tight ponytail. When I used the shampoo, there was still some hair fall but I guess that’s a no-brainer since this is an anti-breakage shampoo.

However, the benefits were much apparent when I had a haircut. I took about 2 inches off my hair and I noticed that it was visible shiny and smooth. Even the hairdresser

noticed and it made me proud. The shampoo actually works well!

The bad I didn’t notice the effects of the anti-breakage formula right away. There was still the usual hair fall. Admittedly, I was expecting a miracle which is something no shampoo currently available can deliver. I should probably have placed closer attention to my diet, which was affecting the condition of my hair.

The bottomline This shampoo is great for people who have brittle hair, not people who have falling hair. That’s probably why I couldn’t give this product a perfect score. I was using it for the wrong reasons. The strengthening formula does take a while to take effect, so be a little patient with this one. It’s a terrific shampoo if you have weak, thin hair and if you want to keep it silky-smooth and nice-smelling.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31902985670828/k2311a029/2.9.10