Blackberry Bold 9700  » Phones  »
  • My personal phone is an iphone, and whilst I think anyone would struggle to match the iphone for its looks and usability, the Blackberry Bold 9700 is a close thing
  • The same goes for the internet, i know that if I need to look something up or check out something for that extra bit of information, all I need to do is click on the internet icon, and I’m connected to the web
  • That is the only issue though, as far as I am concerned the Blackberry Bold is the perfect business phone

• by erik319

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 for use as a works mobile phone. My personal phone is an iphone, and whilst I think anyone would struggle to match the iphone for its looks and usability, the Blackberry Bold 9700 is a close thing. Of course, it’s more business oriented than the iphone, but that is what it is primarily meant to be.

A business phone, I find the functionality very good on the Blackberry Bold. It took a while for me to get used to the keypad, and I will be honest, i do still have problems with it now and again, but apart from that it’s a great phone to choose if you are in business or have reps out

on the field.

A click of a button and you can check your emails, which is invaluable to me, as I am out and about quite a bit and need to know of updates as I am on the go. The same goes for the internet, i know that if I need to look something up or check out something for that extra bit of information, all I need to do is click on the internet icon, and I’m connected to the web.

I have the Blackberry Bold 9700 connected to my in car kit via Bluetooth, which is great as I do drive quite a lot and having to pull over was a bit of a pain before. It is ...

• so much easier to be able to take calls whilst driving, and it means that I get to be a lot more productive when before, I was simply sat in my car travelling to and from work.

As mentioned, the only thing that lets the phone down for me is the qwerty keyboard. The numbers are difficult to dial, and it can be frustrating as they are quite small and my hands are quite large.

It is fine once you have a phone number in the stored memory, but it can be a bit of a pain to get it actually in there, or if you are simply dialling a new number from scratch. That is the only issue though, as

far as I am concerned the Blackberry Bold is the perfect business phone.

Another great advantage on the iphone is that it has a much better battery life, which is ideal for when you’re out and about and power isn’t something you can easily get to. Because of the way it uses power, and the relatively small screen compared to the iphone, it means that the battery life is really good and I only have to power my phone up every 3 days or so, and I use mine quite a bit.

You can pick up a Blackberry Bold 9700 from under £400 now, but if you’re in business, see what’s available on contract as there are some great bargains to be had.

Blackberry Bold 9700

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 37902985570728/k2311a029/2.9.10