Clairol Hair Color  » Cosmetics  »
  • However, this time I decided to try Clairol because I have always heard good things about it
  • The only problem was that I could not tell very well where I had applied color and where I had not
  • I think it actually made my hair darker, and I have not really seen any hint of golden
  • I will definitely buy Clairol hair color again

• by pennylane

I always used to use Garnier to color my hair. However, this time I decided to try Clairol because I have always heard good things about it. Also, it was on sale at target. And so it was a perfect opportunity for me to give this a try. My hair is really dark brown. I usually dye it dark golden brown. I do not want to lighten my hair too much. I just want a little bit of golden in my hair, so I dye it pretty much the same shade of my natural hair but with a little bit of golden in it. Garnier had always worked fine for me. However, I do not like the fact that their hair dyes contain ammonia and that can seriously damage your hair. Clairol claimed that their product does not contain any ammonia because it is non-permanent but will last up to

about twenty-eight washes. That is almost a month, and I color my hair every month anyway. So, I decided this was a very good idea. The coloring process was very easy. I did not have anyone to help me out this time so I just did it myself.

I put on those white gloves, mixed the colors, and applying it on my hair. One thing that was different about Clairol was that the directions told me to apply the color on damp hair. I had never heard of this before. Usually, when you buy a hair dye in a box they tell you to apply the color on dry hair. This was definitely different but I decided to follow the instructions anyway. The only problem was that I could not tell very well where I had applied color and where I had not. I kind of missed some places, but ...

• you cannot really tell so it’s all right.

Now, moving on to the most important part. I did not get the color that I was hoping to get. I think it actually made my hair darker, and I have not really seen any hint of golden. The box promised a hint of golden sparkle on your hair. Maybe you will be able to see the golden in the sun. However, it has been raining where I live for the past two days and I only know what my hair looks like indoors, which is just really dark brown. I think next time I will go for medium golden brown or light golden brown so the color is more visible and more apparent. Right now, it does not even look like I colored my hair. When I do something for my hair, I want it to show. I want other people

to notice that I changed my hair. My roommate did not even notice anything. Honestly, it was a waste of money. However, I am thankful that my hair does not feel damaged at all. Since the hair dye does not contain any ammonia, it did no damage to my hair. Of course, putting any kind of chemical in your hair will damage it no matte what. I will give Clairol another chance, perhaps next month. However, like I said before, this time I will go a shade lighter and see what happens.

Also, I forgot to mention that you only have to leave the hair dye on for ten minutes. That is the most wonderful thing every. It was almost as if I applied the color to my hair, brushed my teeth, watched TV for maybe a minute, and then hopped in the shower. It was that easy. I will definitely buy Clairol hair color again.

Navia Cruz says :

I really need to know if this color Buryundy 613B have ammonia???

Navia Cruz says :

The smell it’s awful strong

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31802985430828/k2311a028/2.8.10