Narraritive of the Life of Fredrick Douglass: an American Slave  » Books  »
  • So in honor of Black History Month I decided to pick a different book for my neighborhood book club
  • This i believe is a very important book for Black History Month and should be ready by every student not for the person that Fredrick Douglass became but for what he has done for himself and others
  • He is one of the most passionate authors and people I have ever read about and what he says comes from his own experience, rather than those of others

• by ad22487

So in honor of Black History Month I decided to pick a different book for my neighborhood book club. Our usual books are Borders best sellers and Oprah’s picks, however last week I picked up Frederick Douglass: an American Slave by Fredrick Douglass.

This autobiography is quite a piece of work to say the least.

It was one of the most powerful memoirs I have ever read written

by a slave and I have read quite a few memoirs by powerful people.

The book begins by starting with Fredrick Douglass and how he grew up poor and without hope and the only thing he had were the dreams of those before him.

He used the situation he was in to his advantage and fought diversity and became a great role model then and now for so ...

• many people.

What I didn’t prefer about this was that it was a faint copy of the biography my brother and my bondage written by Harriet Jacob.

It is very well written and quite a controversial book in itself for those who looked up to Fredrick Douglass as a slave and the man he has now become.

This i believe is a very important book for Black History

Month and should be ready by every student not for the person that Fredrick Douglass became but for what he has done for himself and others.

He is one of the most passionate authors and people I have ever read about and what he says comes from his own experience, rather than those of others.

This truly is a novel to read by anyone of any level of schooling.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17802985330828/k2311a028/2.8.10