L’Oreal Paris Elvive Sublime Curls Shampoo NEW  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I came there were only 2 of my favourite Nutri – Gloss shampoos left and another Sublime Curls Shampoo
  • My sister had curly hair and I wanted her to try it because I thought it had to be good
  • Yesterday I saw this shampoo sitting on the edge of the bath tub so I decided to try it
  • Its fragrance is just amazing much stronger and sweeter than Nutri – Gloss one and much more intensive than it
  • I mean, if my sister doesn’t want to use this one we already have at home I will keep using it until it is gone but I won’t buy it again because there are many other shampoos that I like much more, like Nutri – Gloss one and they are both from the same brand

• by lorelai

Since I tried L’Oreal Paris Elvive Nutri – Gloss shampoo I have been wondering if all the other shampoos from this series were as good as that one. About a week ago I saw that L’Oreal Paris Elvive Maxi format shampoos were on discount in a cosmetic shop where I usually buy cosmetics so I ran there. When I came there were only 2 of my favourite Nutri – Gloss shampoos left and another Sublime Curls Shampoo. I took all three of them. My sister had curly hair and I wanted her to try it because I thought it had to be good.

The deal was great, actually even more than great. Usually a 200ml bottle of L’Oreal Paris Elvive shampoo costs about 2. 50 Euro to 3. 20 Euro depending on where and when you buy it.

Maxi format means 400ml and I got this maxi format for 1. 99 Euro each. So what do you say was it a great deal or not? In my opinion it was terrific deal. My sister used it but I haven’t actually seen much enthusiasm on her face before she washed her hair with it nor after it.

Yesterday I saw this shampoo sitting on the edge of the bath tub so I decided to try it. Its fragrance is just amazing much stronger and sweeter than Nutri – Gloss one and much more intensive than it.

I adore this fragrance; it smells like a basket full of tropical fruit. The whole bathroom smelled like it and my hair too, while it was still wet, later the fragrance just faded away little by little, unfortunately, but it doesn’t matter as it was great while it lasted.

The shampoo is white and very silky although much less silky than Nutri – Gloss one. It makes your hair easy to comb even without the conditioner, I noticed that while I was still washing it because, usually, when my hair is still very wet I find it difficult to run my fingers through it so I was rather surprised to see that it wasn’t such a big problem. I applied conditioner anyway because I always use conditioner but I think my hair wouldn’t look bad if I hadn’t used it. This is a new shampoo of L’Oreal Paris Elvive collection, they used to have just a foam in this line but now they made a shampoo too and a hair cream.

I know that they are made for curly hair because they are supposed to define your curls and make them sublime but still I wonder what kind of effect this shampoo would have on my hair. The most important effect was that it straightened it, that’s right, I didn’t use my hair and my hair looks as straight as when I do, well ...

• almost as straight. The hair is not as soft as when I wash it with Nutri – Gloss but it is soft enough and it is rather shiny too. The bottle of this shampoo is orange, my sister likes orange colour and that was another reason why I bought this shampoo to her.

Or L’Oreal Paris Elvive shampoos come in the same shaped bottle and they all look alike except they change the colour of the bottle for different hair types. I guess that’s because we mostly remember things by colour. I mean, I know that their shampoo for curly hair is orange and that the one I like is pink but I can’t always remember what they are called. It is also easier to recommend someone the shampoo this way, you just say it is L’Oreal Paris Elvive and you say the colour so that the one you are recommending it won’t have any problems to find it.

L’Oreal Paris Elvive Sublime Curls Shampoo is much easier to apply that Nutri – Gloss one, not in the sense that it comes easier from the bottle but in the sense that it is much easier to spread it all around your head and hair and make foam out of it. It makes great foam and you don’t need to apply it on different parts of your hair, like with Nutri – Gloss, to

get the equal foam all over your head. That’s great because it means it makes the hair washing easier and also it means that you are going to use much less shampoo and that it is going to last for longer time. I don’t really know if my sister is happy about that fact or she don’t like it so she’d prefer to use it more faster but if she doesn’t like it that much I will use it myself because I like the straightening effect and the cleaning effect.

It really cleans great your hair and your scalp because the foam is quite dense. It is also rather easy to wash it off your hair. Although I am pretty satisfied with this shampoo I really don’t think I will be buying it again, the fact is that my sister wasn’t really happy with it and she is the one who has curly hair so I won’t certainly be buying it for myself. I mean, if my sister doesn’t want to use this one we already have at home I will keep using it until it is gone but I won’t buy it again because there are many other shampoos that I like much more, like Nutri – Gloss one and they are both from the same brand.

I can say for sure that this shampoo didn’t disappoint me but it certainly won’t be my first choice in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31802985240828/k2311a028/2.8.10