Calaway Park, Calgary, Canada  » Entertainment  »
245033 Range Road 33. Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • I paid a visit to this amusement park with my husband, 3 year old daughter and another young family that are friends of ours
  • I think we will probably look into getting a season's pass if we decide to go back a few more times, it's definitely worth it to pay that instead of the daily fee
  • The best way would be to bring your own lunch

• by Karen22

I paid a visit to this amusement park with my husband, 3 year old daughter and another young family that are friends of ours. This place has been around for quite a while, so I had visited it before, probably 20 years ago. It’s located just west of the city of Calgary - not too far out of town to make it inconvenient.

You do spend the whole day there so it is worth the drive, especially since there are no other amusement parks like this at all near Calgary. It was a very hot summer day and I did notice right away that we would be in the sun most of the time, since there is not

a lot of shade.

Just the walk in from the massive parking lot alone was enough to get you sweating. Anyway, we were lucky enough to have special passes from our friends who have a family season’s pass to Calaway.

We only paid around half of what the normal daily entrance fee was. I think we will probably look into getting a season’s pass if we decide to go back a few more times, it’s definitely worth it to pay that instead of the daily fee.

We were a bit concerned that our daughter would not be able to go on many rides, since she was so young (I think more like 2 and a half actually) ...

• but we were totally surprised that there were lots of rides for young kids. I think she went on 11 different rides that day - 10 of them by herself! There were little boats and car rides that they were strapped into very well so you didn’t have to worry.

The kids do need to be old enough to know to hang on though. We didn’t go on any rides except the kiddie ones, so I don’t know how good the roller coasters and everything are.

To me, it seemed there were more rides for young kids than anything else. As I said, it was a hot day so I opted to go on the fake

hot air balloon ride with my daughter (they need an adult for this one).

The breeze was fantastic from way up there!

We also hit a lot of the food stands, of course, which were pretty overpriced. The best way would be to bring your own lunch.

The park is a bit older, like I mentioned before so you can see it in some of the buildings. Some look a bit run-down and dirty.

Some of the rides look a little worse for wear as well. (Maybe just after comparing them to Disneyland).

All in all, it is a good day out with the family - it could be a bit more kept up but it’s still a fun place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59802985100728/k2311a028/2.8.10