Apple Creek Campground, Grass Lake, MI  » Travel  »
11185 Orban Road, Grass Lake, MI 49240
  • Especially after camping for 4 or 5 days, I like having the laundry facility available, so I was happy to see that
  • I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great inexpensive campground in the southern Michigan area

• by mariekay

Living in Michigan, camping is one of our family’s favorite things to do in the summertime. We have stayed at several campgrounds over the years. We have our favorites, one we go to every year, and then we have those that we have visited just once and probably won’t go back for one reason or another. Either way, it’s fun to try new campgrounds once in a while.

Normally we don’t like to travel too far away for a campground. It seems like a waste of time to drive several hours only to stay 2 or 3 days, then turn around and drive home. So, when we do go far from home, we make sure to stay longer than just one weekend.

A while back, some friends of ours were

going to visit some relatives in Grass Lake, MI. Grass Lake is about 3 hours away from where we live. They were going to pull their camper and stay at Apple Creek Campground, which was just a few miles from their relatives’ house. So, we decided to take a couple extra days off and join them. We decided to stay for 4 nights, Wednesday thru Saturday night, and come home Sunday.

When I made the reservation, I was surprised that the rates were only $28 per night for sites with water and electric. That was really inexpensive compared to some other places we had been recently. SO, I wasn’t sure what to expect when we got there. Sometimes a campground that is a few bucks cheaper per ...

• night ends up being really run down and dirty.

I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled in. The campground was fairly grassy, and the sites were nice and large. Our site was partially shaded, but some sun came through too. Our site, and all of them, had a picnic table and a fire ring for campfires. One rule was that you were not allowed to bring in any wood, you must purchase it from the camp store if you want to have a fire. It’s a good idea to always read the rules of th ecampground before you go if possible.

The park had a playground for the kids, and a pool which was clean and well kept. The kids could also enjoy train rides through the park.

They also had a camp store that carried food, beverages, camp supplies, and candy. The restroom facilities were nice, and best of all they also had a laundromat on site. This feature is always a huge plus for me because it cuts down on the dirty laundry I have to take home. Especially after camping for 4 or 5 days, I like having the laundry facility available, so I was happy to see that.

The staff at the campground was friendly and accommodating. They also had kids activities and crafts. We ended up having a great time at this campground. We would go back there again if it was closer to our home. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great inexpensive campground in the southern Michigan area.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38802985060728/k2311a028/2.8.10