Osteo Bi-Flex Advanced Triple Strength Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM with Joint Shield,Coated Caplets  » Medicine  »
  • It had never actually been a problem for me, though, until last summer when I twisted wrong and fell, dislocating my right knee and tearing a ligament at the same time
  • I found a medication that was similar, but much cheaper
  • I would recommend this product to anyone who has bad joints, and can afford an expensive treatment

• by mariekay

I have always had what my doctor call “loose joints” meaning that I am susceptible to dislocating my joints and I don’t have good stability. It had never actually been a problem for me, though, until last summer when I twisted wrong and fell, dislocating my right knee and tearing a ligament at the same time.

After wearing a stabilizing brace for several weeks, and then slowly trying to gain strength in my knee, it seemed to be better. I could tell that it didn’t feel completely “normal” but it was well enough to walk on and I was able to bend it again.

Since then, I have dislocated it several more times and I realized that it was weaker than it should be. It seemed that

it had not healed completely since the first time I injured it. Obviously I was prone to injury because the slightest thing seemed to pull the knee cap out of place. My doctor suggested some exercised I could do to strengthen my legs and he also recommended that I take Osteo Bi-Flex Advanced Triple Strength to improve my joint health.

So, upon his advice, I purchased the product at the drugstore. The price was really high at around $40 for a package of 120 pills, but I wanted to solve the problem, so I bought them anyway. The pills were really easy to swallow, but they gave me a stomach ache unless I took them with food or milk. So, don’t take this medication on an empty stomach ...

• if you can help it.

After a couple days, I did notice that my knee pain was lessened, and it didn’t hurt as much to bend it. The stability in my knee seemed to increase too. I could go out and power walk without feeling like my knee was going to pop out. So, this product did seem to work for me. The bad news was that once I stopped taking the medication (because I ran out) my knee went back to how it was before. I had thought that this medication would somehow heal my knee for good, but it turns out that once you start taking the medication, you need to keep it up.

I found a medication that was similar, but much cheaper.

I tried that for aabout a week and it did nothing for me. In this case, you get what you pay for. I would have loved to be able to purchase the Osteo Bi-Flex, but it was too expensive.

The problem for me was that I simply couldn’t afford to repurchase this product for the rest of my life. So, even though it is effective for me, I need to stick with alternative ways to get my knee stronger. Now I am doing the exercises that the doctor told me to do and hopefully that will be enough.

I would recommend this product to anyone who has bad joints, and can afford an expensive treatment. It does work, but it’s a commitment to keep up and repurchase as needed.

quick note by anonymous :

It has a better price in Amazon subscriptions with free shipping, something like $ 22. That is what I do every 2-3 months. Best luck

Joanna says :

I haven’t used this product personally, but my husband has and it seems to really be working for him. He had knee surgery many years ago in which the doctors removed most of the cartilage that surrounded his knee cap. Since then he has had problems. recently his doctor suggested taking this to help fend off arthritis and make it easier for him to move. So far it really seems to be helping. It took about two weeks to notice a difference but since then he has been much more mobile and he said his knee hurts considerable less.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26802985030728/k2311a028/2.8.10