Bag Balm  » Health  »
  • I don't actually know of anyone who used it for milking cows, but I know a lot of people (Including myself
  • First of all I don't like having to put my hands in the large container to get the product out
  • Overall this is a go-to product that I think everyone should have in their house
  • It cost about $8 for a 10 ounce can of it, and it does seem to last a very long time

• by mariekay

Bag Balm is a staple in our house and we always keep a container of it in the cupboard. If you are not familiar with what bag balm is, think of Vaseline or a sort of petroleum jelly. There are so many uses for bag balm, from chapped lips to diaper rash. Actually, the container label says it’s for use on the farm to prevent dairy cows from getting chapped from too much milking in the cold harsh air. I don’t actually know of anyone who used it for milking cows, but I know a lot of people (Including myself!)who use it for common ailments and find it very effective.

The packaging is hard to miss. It comes on a square green can with the words “bag balm” printed in red on the can, and the label says it’s been

around since 1899. You can find this product at the grocery store or drugstore near the lotions. I first learned of the product when my son was a baby and had a bad diaper rash. His rash got so bad that his little bun would bleed when I trie to clean him up. I tried everything, and nothing was helping him, not even a prescription cream that my doctor had recommended. One of my friends suggested I try bag balm, and it did the trick! Within 2 days my son’s rash was completely healed up. Ever since then I keep it in the house and use it for a variety of things.

The product itself is sticky and very thick. A little goes a long way, so be careful not to apply too much or you will ...

• just end up with a mess. This product has helped me heal burns, cuts, and scrapes on myself and my son. I also use it on my cracked feet at night. I apply lotion, then bag balm, and cover my feet with socks. This stuff really helps heal my cracked heals. Anytime that any of us get a rash, or even has itchy skin, we go for the bag balm.

I have also used it when I get badly chapped lips. Sometimes in the winter they get so chapped that they crack and bleed, that’s when you need the bag balm. Again, a little bit is all you need. This product works better on chapped lips than any lip balm, and you don’t have to endure an artificial fruity smell either.

A couple things about the product that

I don’t love: First of all I don’t like having to put my hands in the large container to get the product out. I wish they would make something a little more sanitary for dispensing it. Also, I would love it if they made this product in a small, purse-size container so I can take it with me where ever I go.

Overall this is a go-to product that I think everyone should have in their house. It’s so diverse in what ailments it can help with. It cost about $8 for a 10 ounce can of it, and it does seem to last a very long time. So, it’s a good value for what you get. Don’t be scared off by the packaging or the fact that it says it’s for cows, it works great for people too!

Bag Balm

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34802985020728/k2311a028/2.8.10